18. One Shall Rise 1

3rd POV

Megatron lift up his right arm, sword out, ready to strike down on Optimus beneath his feet, when the greenish swirl of a Ground Bridge appear in front of him. Bulkhead jump right out a the Ground Bridge and instantly charge at Megatron. With one strong punch, push Bulkhead Megatron, getting him off Optimus and keep him at bay. Arcee and Ratchet then jump into the action, but to help Optimus up and through the bridge.

''Quickly, we must pull him through.'' Order Ratchet as Arcee took a moment to watch a volcano erupting purple rocks into the sky. Arcee regain focus and help Ratchet get Optimus away.

''Bulk, now, now, now.'' Call out Arcee as they nearly crosses the Ground Bridge, and she won't leave anyone behind. Bulkhead immediately abandoned the fight against Megatron and transform to drive at the bridge. Megatron tried to follow after them, striking the bridge in vain. He frowned for a moment, before he noticed the purple Energon running down his chin, making him smile.

''Hehe... This is merely the beginning. I now possess enough Dark Energon to reanimate Unicron himself.'' Cackle Megatron, loving the chaos around him. The chaos that will help him kill Optimus once and for all the next time they see each others.

*Autobot base*

The humans watch as the Ground Bridge re-open to let the Autobots back into base, helping a weaken Optimus to the medical section. 

''Easy Optimus.'' Speak up Ratchet worried for his leader. ''From the looks of things, you have been exposed to a massive amount of Dark Energon.'' Optimus weakly lift up his head to see if two other people are alright. 

''I am not the only one.'' Sighed Optimus, watching as June take a look at Raf's condition, keeping a close eye for anything. Robecca on the other hand is just standing in her glass container, eyes closed as she is rebooting her system. Bulkhead and Ratchet puts down Optimus at the Autobot medical bed, so he could rest up.

''Hey.'' Speak up Raf a bit weak, but still smile at him.

''He is lucky to be alive.'' Says June, scowling at Optimus for even putting Raf's life in danger. Optimus understand June's concern.

''Megatron found more of the dark stuff?'' Ask Jack and walk down the staircase.

''A volcano full.'' Answer Arcee, recalling what she saw personally.

''The question is, how?'' Point out Bulkhead.

''No. The question is, what?'' Correct Ratchet, showing off he knows what is going on. ''As in, what in the world is the blood of Unicron doing here on Earth?''

''The cons kills a unicorn?'' Ask Miko confused of the name, which earn some confused look from the Autobots. ''White horse, with a horn on its head. Prances around all sparkly.''

''Unicron.'' Correct Ratchet of the name. ''An ancient evil whose fossilized blood comprises the matter, which we call Dark Energon. As legend would have it.''

''So you are saying this Unicron is some kind of boogie man?'' Ask June, trying to understand what the alien robot is talking about.

''Boogieman?'' Repeat Ratchet confused of that name.

''Make-believe creepy guy, who hides in your closet.'' Answer Miko, shortly explain the human folk lore.

''No, nurse Darby. Unicron is very real, was. That is, well, I do believe he once existed. I just don't subscribe to the theory that his primordial life force is the substance which harmed Raf.'' Says Ratchet and sigh a little, looking at Robecca. ''If only Robecca was awaken. She has all the files explaining Unicron and his existence.''