19. One Shall Rise 2

3rd POV

Optimus watches as the earth around him, from the ravine rocky walls surrounding him, breaks down to form multiple beings of the same structure. The structure of his enemy, Unicron.

''Optimus, have you uncovered any further sign of Unicron's emergence?'' Ask Ratchet through the commlink, worried about Robecca's warnings. 

''Unicron and his power incarnate, and you, the last of the Primes, shall perish.'' Speak up the dark rumbling voice of Unicron, going through the commlink to the Autobot base.

''I take that as a yes.'' Commend Ratchet with a small glare at the computer screen. ''We are on our way.''

''Negative.'' Order Optimus right away and keep his gaze at the many earth forms of Unicron, ready for when one of them move for an attack. ''Unicron cannot be defeated by sheer force. He wants me, Ratchet. This fight must be mine alone.''

''You can't do this Optimus.'' Tries Robecca and take over the commlink, but Optimus ignores her words and bring forth his blasters, to take down the approaching Unicrons from above. Attacking left and right, flip over one before jumping over to the next platform, to take on the next fake forms. One after the other, with no end at sight.

*Base*

''He can't do this alone.'' Warn Robecca, risen from her seat to look at the main screen, still connected to the computer to keep an eye on Unicron's vitals. ''You have to help him and get him back to base. Our shielding will keep us hidden from Unicron for some time.''

''Indeed. We cannot save the Earth without Optimus.'' Agreed Ratchet and went to work to transport the team to Optimus coordinates. ''Go and help him, then get as far away as you can to get transport back to base.''

''Understood.'' Speak up Arcee and run first into the Ground Bridge, with Bumblebee and Bulkhead following right behind her, faces full of determination and focus. 

''Do you think they will make it?'' Ask Raf out loud, looking through the spaces between the railings. 

''They have to.'' Answer Ratchet only and keep a close eye to the monitor, listening in to the battle going through the audio. They hear the sounds of blaster, rocks being smashed into pieces and battle sounds of intense combat.

''Did Ratchet not relay my command? Return to base.'' Demand Optimus for an answer, when the final rock Unicron was destroyed by his own massive punch.

''Reinforcement will not prevent your destruction the cycle of Primus.'' Threaten Unicron, echoing through the ravine.

''Optimus, your are Unicron's target, maybe you should consider returning to base.'' Suggest Arcee.

''These manifestations of Unicron, can locate me anywhere on Earth.'' Inforn Optimus and shoot down some upcoming Unicron's with Bulkhead and Bumblebee. ''Even our base's shielding would only cloak my position for so long. I will not put others at risk. Especially Robecca.''

''Then fall back and let us take the lead.'' Suggest Bulkhead right after, really trying to persuade the leader. ''Just this once.''

''Please listen to the reason.'' Continue Ratchet and look eagerly at Optimus's image on the computer. ''If you don't survive Optimus, I fear, neither will this planet.''

''Optimus. Unicron might ignore his awakening to try and locate you, giving Earth and us more time to find a way to put him back to stasis.'' Point out Robecca too, being really scared about the chaos happening. 

''... Very well.'' Agree Optimus finally, giving Robecca the room to 'breath' again.

''Let's move.'' Call out Arcee and take the lead. Robecca frowned a little, still worried for their safety and wishes that they can get away from Unicron.