37. Nice to meet you , Again

Song recommendations for the chapter
Beautiful Stranger - Halsey
All these years - Camila Cabello
Yellow {love you so } -Coldplay
Easy - Demi Levato

Lonely - Justin Bieber
Matilda - Harry Styles
Evergreen - Omar Apollo

|I think it's finally safe for me to fall|

Sydney's POV

I hesitantly stepped out into the familiar hallway , the only sound being heard being the clicking of my black heeled boots against the wooden planks of the floor.

I sighed loudly , my heart pounding against my chest as i dragged my feet painfully slow towards their destination. I glanced back to the elevator but the door were already closed , a sign that i had to get this over with.

I disappeared around the corner , heading for the familiar door with the number 22 imprinted at the very top. Upon reaching the doorstep , i pulled out my smartphone from the pocket of my jean shorts .

> I'm here
I sent the blunt text before receiving a response that very moment.

>On my way

He immediately responded making my heartbeat even faster. I was really starting to rethink this whole thing.

Suck it up . No going back i scolded myself , rubbing my temples. I intertwined my hands behind my back , swinging my foot back and forth , anxiously waiting for the door to open till i finally heard the door open.

My breath hitched as i immediately looked up into those familiar emerald green eyes, hidden slightly behind his fluffy brunette bangs. I watched his eyes immediately light up and a smile form on his lips as he took me in.

"Hie there,"his deep soothing voice echoed in the silent hallway as he opened his door wider , "please , come in" he offered.

"Hie,"i managed a faint smile ,"sure , thanks "i muttered, following closely behind him as he led me into his living room.

My eyes wandered around the large open space as a wave of nostalgia hit me like a tone of bricks . Everything looked exactly the same , nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"Take a seat"he offered a space on the small couch opposite to the one he propped himself on .

"Thanks ,"i mumbled once more , flopping onto the couch,"how are you?"

"Been..okay i guess , "he shrugged ,"you?"

"Same same"i responded ,taking note of the awkward atmosphere surrounding the both of us.

"Can I get you anything to drink or..?"he offered

I shook my head ,"nah I'm fine . "

"Okay,"he nodded slowly,rubbing his palms against his bottoms,"how's V and Rose?"

"They're okay "I answered,"Vanessa just went to see her dad and Rose is about to start her finals for Law school"

"Oh that's awesome"he stated ,"how's work for you? I heard you've made it big as a Hybe model . You're literally everywhere"

"It's cool i guess,"i shrugged,"and I'm not everywhere"