42. Screw the media pt2

Song recommendations for the chapter

The Weeknd - Less than zero
Sabrina carpenter - feather
Rm - wildflower
Jhope- blue side
Sabrina carpenter - things I wish you said
RAYE - Escapism
Ice spice ,Nicki Minaj - princess diana
Rodeo remix ft Flo milli
Like crazy - Jimin

|I try to hide it but I know you know me.I try to fight it but I'd rather be free|

3rd person's POV

"Woah ,"Sydney mindlessly gaped as she did a full 360 , her long curls being carried away by the cool wind . Her Bambi brown eyes widened as she took a long good look around the nearly empty streets .

She could hear the echo of their heels against the pavement due to the peaceful silence. Not a person was in sight under the night sky . She let her fingers get tangled with the wind as she let her arms swing freely at her sides.

Pure bliss

"I know right,"Emma agrees inhaling a deep breath as she smiled softly,"the silence is so.... comfortable"she tucked her hands into her pockets as the two occasionally bumped shoulders on the sidewalk,"I always do this once in a while... when I need time away from the spotlight"

Sydney tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear,"this vibe is definitely one to die for. We should do this more Often.",she nudged the olders shoulder

"Of course. I'd love that,"Emma agreed as she gradually came to a halt in front of one of the few places still open at that time ,"Here we are." She announced waving her hands in front of the building

"my best friend and I come here all the time whenever we've got a free schedule"she explained softly , her emerald green eyes taking in the scenery.

The couple stood in front of a cozy looking restaurant covered in bright amber mini bulbs at the entrance .It wasn't extravagant but a clear sight for sore eyes. No wonder Emma visited the place quite often.

The whole place gave off the feeling of serenity, comfort and being welcomed , something Emma always longed for once in a blue moon.

Through the transparent windows , they could spot silhouettes of few customers eating away in silence. It kind of reminded Sydney of where she used to work before life gave her whiplash. The nostalgia practically oozed out of the restaurant.

"This place looks so cute" Sydney chimed optimistically as she followed the older into the medium sized restaurant. The only sound to be heard within the restaurant was the slight ting of the bell , announcing their arrival.

"It's the best place to come to when you need to get away from everything y'know. It's like a private getaway with the most delicious food out there. Next time we meet , I'm definitely taking you out here again"she suggested,"maybe you can finally meet my best friend."

"You don't have to ask me twice" Sydney agreed as she scooted over to make space for her friend to sit at the booth by the large windows ,"the view of  the empty highways is so ... breathtaking"

"You don't do this often ,do you?"Emma asked out of genuine curiosity as she received the menu from the waiter after offering a polite thank you.