3 | chapter three

It felt as if Felix was following me. He was somehow, coincidentally, in all of my classes, and I learnt this as he showed me his timetable during 5th.
It was biology, the one class I had without Chan or his friends, but there Felix was, already managing to sit with me.
"Those are all my classes." I said, as his smile grew wider.
"That's awesome! That means I'll have someone to talk to, yeah?" He said, shoving it back in his bag.
The teacher started talking as the both of us fell quiet, listening in.

Felix wasn't. He was busy staring at the vein in your neck, hearing your pulse, and so desperately wanting to-
He stopped himself, covering his mouth as he felt his fangs stab into his lips, turning his head to look away from you.

I turned, sensing the movement to see him daydreaming, as I nudged his shoulder.
"Pay attention, Lix, you came late in the term so you have to catch up." I whispered, as he glanced at me.
"Right, of course." He whispered back, facing forward.

He held his breath, refusing to let any more air enter his lungs, anymore of the sweet scent drifting from your skin.
As the class bell rang, he let out a long sigh, standing up.
"Well, goodbye beautiful. I'll see you later, hm?" He said, tucking my hair behind my ear as he began walking off.
"Wait," I said, grabbing his wrist.

He froze, feeling my pulse in my fingers as he gently pulled back, turning to look at me.
"Yes?"
"Were you the one who left the letter in my room? With the phone number, and the rose?" I asked, as Felix smiled brightly.
"Ah, yes it was! Do you not like roses?"

I shook my head.
"No I do, I just wanted to check. Get home safely."

He smiled, before turning and rushing off.
I headed towards the front of the school, to where Bang Chan was.
But Minho, one of Felix's friends, stopped me in my tracks.
"Y/N, isn't it? I'm Minho, nice to meet you." He smiled, holding out his hand, and as I went to shake it, he held it and gave me a kiss.
I felt my head spin - what the hell was going on?

"Nice to meet you too." I mumbled, trying to pull away.
My head was still spinning, and it was getting to the point of seeing stars before he finally let go, smiling weakly.

I instantly felt better, as I kept my hands behind my back.
"Can I ask you something, Y/N?" Minho queried, as I nodded.
"Sure, yeah?"

He leaned in close, smiling as he spoke.
"What do you know about werewolves?"

I stifled a laugh. "They don't exist, silly. This isn't a werewolf novel, it's the real world. Sorry to disappoint."

Minho frowned. "Well, would you believe me if I told you that your friends were wolves?"

I shook my head. "Not in the slightest. Sorry, but that's just weird. I've known them my whole life. Well, not really, but it feels that way."

Minho just hummed, before holding out his hand again.
I was wary, but held it anyway.

This time, I didn't see stars.
I saw one of my friends, Han, turning into a vicious beast, and rushing off into the woods near my home.

I blinked, and Minho let go, and it was gone.

He began walking off, as I chased after him, grabbing his wrist.
"What was that?" I asked, as he shoved me off.

"The truth, Y/N. They're going to hurt you one point or another, so look after yourself. The mark of a wolf never fades." Minho said, walking off.

Chan came walking over.
"What the hell was he talking about that took you so long?" He asked, as I shook my head.

"Ah, it was nothing, don't worry about it." I held his arm in mine as we walked out, him getting in his car as I walked home.
I unlocked my house, walking upstairs.
And there on the windowsill was Felix.

"Well, Y/N, won't you invite me in?"

Han scoffed, Seungmin and Changbin sitting with him in his house.

"Why did the vampires decide to hang around? This is going to become a problem you know, and we're still waiting on Bang Chan to take us up on our offer." Han grumbled, as Seungmin shrugged.

"He'll come around now that Y/N is involved. One of the vamps is in love with her, it's creepy." He shuddered.

"None of us want the vampires near her, come on guys. They're horrible, soul-sucking creatures. We'll lose our friend." Changbin said, standing up and pulling his coat off.

"I'm going to go for a territory check. I'll be back." He said, eyes flashing yellow, and then he was gone, leaving Han and Seungmin alone.

Han's phone began to ring, as he leaned across the table, and picked it up.

"Ah, Chan, what a surprise!" Han chuckled, but there was silence.

"They're vampires, aren't they?" Bang Chan said solemnly.

"Yes, they are. Are you willing to join us yet, Chan?" Han asked.

"Yes, I am. What do I have to do Han, so I can protect her?" He said, as Han turned to look at Seungmin, before turning back to the phone.

"You have to become a wolf - a vampires worst enemy, and if we lose Y/N, then you will become Y/N's worst enemy as well." Han explained, sighing. "It's worth the risk though. Otherwise, we're outnumbered."

"Well, it doesn't matter, because we're not going to lose Y/N, okay?" Bang Chan grumbled, and then he hung up.

Han knew that meant he was driving, and turned to smile at Seungmin.

"We have a new pack member!"