8 | chapter eight

When I got into bed that night, the wolf woke up also, coming to snuggle with me.

My window was still open, a cool breeze drifting on through.
I swear it was shivering, as I sighed, pulling back the covers.

"Do you want to come under here? It's warmer." I offered, as the wolf glanced at me, before it snuggled under the covers, it's head beside mine, one of its paws around my side.
It was like he was cuddling me.

I laughed it off, giving him one last scratch before I eventually fell asleep.

Chan woke up when he sensed a presence over the both of you, and as he opened one eye, he froze.

"Ah, I'm not surprised you're in here. That's how she got the scar, isn't it? Your lucky it wasn't her face, Bang Chan, otherwise I would have snapped your neck." Felix seethed, as Chan gently hopped out the bed, turning back into his normal form.

"It was an accident. She's not even angry, calm down Felix." Bang Chan said, as Felix just scoffed.

"Keep my name out of your mouth, dog. She doesn't deserve you, you can't protect her." Felix snarled, as Chan kept his stand.

"Oh really? Says you, who, correct me if I'm wrong, wants to drink from her, rip holes into her flesh, and drink her? Are you for real right now? Sorry, but of course you deserve her when that's what you want, because that's totally healthy." Bang Chan laughed, as Felix just frowned.

"It's not like that. You wouldn't understand - Ah, well, you could have, I offered you this life years ago, but you refused... ah, if you hadn't become a wolf I would turn you right now! You see, if I tried to turn you, your bones would melt, and your brain would liquify, all while you're conscious and your heart is still beating, and even when it stops you'll be in terrible pain. Actually, that sounds like a great plan." Felix laughed, stepping closer to Chan.

He instinctively put his arm out to the side, to cover you, as Felix just stopped.

"Oh?" He mused, looking down at you.

"I believe she's waking up, Chan." Felix laughed, as Chan turned in a panic.

I looked up, Chan glancing down at me.

"Chan? What are you doing here? It's so late.." I whispered, as Chan just looked at me wide eyed.

"Just go back to sleep Y/N, it's okay." He said slowly, as I shook my head, reaching out to turn my bedside lamp on.

Chan looked behind him in desperation, and then Felix was in front of me, one hand around the pendant on my neck, the other on my cheek.

I felt a tug at the necklace, as I heard it hit the floor with a thud, Felix smiled, a red mark imprinted in his hand.

"Felix? Since when were you here? I don't understand..." I asked, as he placed a finger on my lips.

"Don't worry about it, darling. You won't remember a thing. You're just going to go back to bed." Felix compelled, as I nodded, holding his hand in mine as I closed my eyes again.

Felix whispered something else, something Chan couldn't hear, before standing up, and turning to Chan, the same deadpan look on his face.

"See? At least I can help her sleep, unlike you, dog." He spat, leaning on the window.

"Hybrids are a thing, you know. If you ever considered joining us, I'd be able to make it work. I know a guy." Felix said, glancing back at Chan, before hopping out, and vanishing.

Chan went to pick the pendant back up. It had just come undone, and thankfully, it wasn't broken.

He carefully tied it back around your neck, laughing sourly.

"Join us my ass. I don't even remember him ever asking me that." Chan said, pulling the covers back over you, before hopping out the window, and leaving again.

I awoke the next morning, feeler stranger than ever. Maybe it's because I slept well - which, by itself was unusual, but that and I had a wolf in my room which acted like a person.
Maybe I was losing my mind?

I left the house before my mum did this morning, only because I wanted to walk alone - but alas, there was Minho.

I froze. Something about him always made me feel uneasy.

"Felix couldn't come today, so I'm here instead. I hope that's okay." He said quietly, holding out a hand for me.

I took it as he smiled slightly, starting to walk in the direction of the school.

"Do you guys live together?" I asked, as Minho nodded.
"Yeah, we're brothers." He replied, humming lightly as he rubbed the back of my hand.

A chill went down my spine - not a bad chill, but a chill nevertheless.

"Oh. Okay, I can kind of see it but not really. Does Jeongin and Hyunjin live with you too?" I asked, as Minho nodded.

"It's cheaper rent, the four of us. And me and Felix aren't directly related, it's just kind of our relationship. He took me in like his brother." Minho said, holding onto my hand tighter as we stepped into the school.

"What's wrong with Felix?" I asked, as Minho sighed, turning to face me as he cupped my cheek with one hand.

"You ask so many questions, you know that?" He mumbled, grabbing ahold of the pendant on my neck from behind, and unclipping it.

I didn't notice. I was too busy looking up into his eyes, which were looking right back down into mine.

"I already told you, he's unwell. Focus on me today, okay?" He whispered, as I nodded.
He smiled, wrapping his hand back in mine as he walked me to class.

He waved me goodbye, and as I stood outside of class, Han came bounding up to me, and instantly as he looked at my empty neck, he frowned.

"You lost it." Han pouted, as I titled my head, placing my hand on my neck.

"What? It was just there, I don't.. maybe I didn't put it on this morning." I said, as Han just shook his head.

"Ah, it's okay, I'll help you look for it later, let's just go to class." He grinned, pulling me inside as the teacher opened the door.

That's when I noticed that Chan was absent too.

He was never sick, and why wasn't anyone telling me what was wrong with Felix, either?

"Hey, Han?" I asked, leaning back to talk to him.

He looked up. "Hm?"

"Do you know where Chan is?"

Han shook his head, looking down almost instantly.
"No, sorry."

"You don't seem so sure." I mumbled, as Han glanced at me.

He frowned, glancing out the window.
No one had heard from Chan since last night - since he told them he was seeing you.

At the lack of Felix, also, there was something going on.

But Han couldn't snoop and figure it out, no- you would have to.
All he could do was sit back and wait.