A SELFLESS ACT

PETER RUSHED TO THE CAPTAIN SIDE; BLOOD GUSHED FROM HIS WONUND, " Captain!" George Stacy was barely breathing

PETER RUSHED TO THE CAPTAIN SIDE; BLOOD GUSHED FROM HIS WONUND, " Captain!" George Stacy was barely breathing. He looked like he was in a daze and was desperately trying to keep his eyes from closing.

"The Lizard.." He mumbled. Peter's face was severely cut and scratched, but his well-being was the furthest thing from his mind. He looked at Gwen's dying dad-his eyes welling up with tears. He couldn't lose anyone else.

First his parents, then his uncle, Dr. Connors, who he had looked up to, and now Gwen's dad. "It's okay. We stopped him. Let's get you out of here. Come on." When Peter tried to lift the wounded police officer, he let out a string of hisses and groans. He knew h wasn't getting out of there alive.

"Peter, I can't...I can't." Peter stopped trying to move him. He stayed by the captain's side in his final moments.

"Look at me, hey! Stay with me. Please, helps on the way you can do this." His breathing got shallower as he looked at Peter.

"You need...You need be gone by the time they get here, okay?"

Peter shook his head. He did not want to leave him alone to die by himself. He couldn't. "I was wrong about you, Peter. This city needs you. Here, you're going to need this." He handed Peter his mask back.

"Listen, you're going to make enemies. People will get hurt. Sometimes the people closest to you, that's what they'll do. They'll hurt the people you love without any regret." Peter thought about his Aunt and then about Alexhurting her would do irrevocable damage him.

"I want you to Promise me something, leave Alex out of it. She has a bright future ahead of her, and she's a beautiful young lady. Please, if you can, leave Gwen out of it too. You promise?"

The only thing Peter could do was nod.

That was the last thing George Stacy said before passing away. Peter let out the most heart-wrenching scream. He lowered his head and looked at the ground.

Peter knew he couldn't save everyone, but he never expected anyone to die because of him. He had made a promise to him, but he didn't know if he could fulfill that promise.

He loved Alex, he couldn't imagine the world without her, but he couldn't bare to think that something could happen to her because of him.

A week later, George Stacy was laid to rest, and Peter Parker had failed to show up. It was pouring down. Alex had just remembered the first time she arrived here in New York. It was raining.

She stood beside Gwen, holding her hand. The blonde-haired girl's eyes were extremely bloodshot, and her face was red. Grief was written all over her face. Gwen invited Peter, but when he didn't show up, not only did it hurt Gwen, but it infuriated Alex.