-4-

"Sweetheart?" Miss Olsen says, pulling me out of
my thoughts. "Can you take a few more bites for me?" She asks, softly.

I nod hesitantly, and finish one piece of toast before the bell rings. She kept praising me and telling me that she's so proud of me. She'd make a great mom. She's so caring and...am I just saying this because my mother is absolute shit at parenting?

-time skip to after school-

As I lay on my bed, my mind only thinks about one thing; Miss Olsen. I keep remembering her words that brought be comfort. I managed to eat a bowl of soup and some crackers, and I kept it down. I hear my dad's footsteps coming towards mg room. I quickly hide my phone, not wanting it to get taken away and sit up on my bed.

He storms in, not bothering to knock on my door.

"You fucking bitch." He yells.

What the hell did I do?

"You can't do anything around this house. The house is a fucking mess!" He screams. Oh he's most definitely drunk.

This time he only slaps me.

"If this happens again you won't be so lucky." He stammers, clumsily walking out of my door. What's wrong with my parents lately?

That slap is so going to bruise.

I nervously walk down the stairs, deciding to challenge myself with some dinner. I want to make Miss Olsen proud. As soon as I open the fridge I hear my mom come in.

"Why is your fatass looking in the fridge? Don't you get enough to eat?" My mom asks, laughing.

I slam the fridge door shut, and go straight back to my room. I feel tears starting in my eyes. Why is it so hard for my parents to just be..parents?

I close my eyes and let sleep take over.

-time skip to the morning-

I couldn't be bothered to get ready today. I throw on some sweatpants and a hoodie, putting my hair up in a claw clip. I do however put some concealer and foundation on the bruise on my face. I decide to go to school a bit later today, so I shut my eyes for a 20 minute nap and then start my walk to school. I'm only 10 minutes late, so it shouldn't be as big of a deal.

Lizzie's pov

The bell rings, and there's no sign of Freya. I know she could just be sick, but i'm worried for that girl. 10 minutes later, she shows up. This poor girl looks exhausted.

I wave her in, giving her a smile and she finds a seat, putting her head down. I start the lesson, but I want to talk to Freya soon. I give everyone their assignments quickly, so I can talk to her. I sit at my desk for a few minutes, and keep a close eye on her. She doesn't pick up he pencil, but she lifted her head up from the desk.

I walk over, and kneel in front of her.

"Hey sweetie, do you need help getting started?" I ask.

She just shakes her head, and picks up the pencil. She starts her work, and I head back to my desk. Every now and then I give her a sad glance.

Freya's pov

I start my work, my mother's words repeating in my head. I barely finish the first page and the stupid bell rings. I don't want to leave Miss Olsen's class. I know she has other things to do, so I start packing up my stuff.

She makes her way over to me and smiles. "Hi honey, how are you today?" She asks, softly.

"I'm okay," I say.