-8-

-a few days later-

I wake up to hear noise coming from the kitchen. I slowly make my way out of bed to see Lizzie with another woman.

"Oh Freya, good morning! This is my best friend, Scarlett." She exclaims, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Hi Freya, it's nice to meet you." The woman says.

"Hi, same goes for you." I say, giving her a smile.

Lizzie walks over to me, pulling me in for a hug.

"How are you doing, sweetie?" She whispers.

"I'm fine, i'm going to get ready now." I say.

"Nono, breakfast first." She says.

That would work out better anyways, as I can dispose of the food later.

I walk on over to the table and take a seat beside Scarlett.

"So, how old are you Freya?" Scarlett asks.

"15." I reply, pushing my food around in the plate.

Lizzie clears her throat, and gives me a look. I finally push some food into my mouth.

"Anything you like to do in your free time?" Scarlett asks, trying to avoid the awkwardness.

"Uhm not really, I mean I used to be a rock climber before uh some stuff happened. What about you?" I say.

"Wow, that's pretty cool my love!" Lizzie says.

"Yeah, so do you like climb outside with all those special gear stuff?" Scarlett asks.

"Oh no haha, i'm an indoor climber so like indoor bouldering and stuff." I say. Man this conversation is so awkward. "Uh i'm going to go get ready" I say, putting my plate away.

Lizzie nods and I rush up to the guest room, disposing of the food I just ate.

Lizzie's pov

"Sorry that was a little awkward." I say, chuckling.

"No problem, she seems like a sweet girl. Except, is everything alright?" She asks.

"I uh- what do you mean?" I ask.

"You seem off Lizzie." Scarlett states.

"Well, i'm fine." I say.

"No, I know you better than anyone. What's on your mind?" She asks. God, I love her.

"I uh. Freya, I feel like I don't know how to help her. She has an eating disorder, and I see that she's eating, but she just looks like she's getting weaker and weaker. She hasn't opened up much about her eating disorder or her home life. I feel like i'm pushing her too much or not doing enough."  I admit.

"Liz, I know you're during great with her. I promise you, you're doing amazing. This will be a tough journey." She says, taking one of my hands in hers.

"What if I can't help her Scar? She looks so sick." I say, a few tears escaping.

"Do you know if she's making herself sick after each meal?" She asks.

"I didn't think about that. She always excused herself every time we had some sort of meal together." I say. Fuck, how did I not notice this.

"Don't blame yourself, Lizzie." Scar says, basically reading my mind. "Next meal, follow her and press an ear to the door. I know this may sound overbearing, but it's for her own safety."

"What happens if your suspicion is correct?" I ask, picking the skin off my fingers. Scarlett sees, and takes both my hands in hers.

"Then take her to the hospital." She says.

"What?" I ask, out of disbelief.

"Liz, your doing the best you can, but there's only so much you can do. You can't completely help her recover on your own." She says.

"Your right. Thank you, Scar." I say, as we walk to the door.

"Of course, call me if you need anything!" She says, giving me a hug.

I lean against the door. What am I going to do?

I hate this chapter, but it's more of a filler for some upcoming events. Anyways, how r u alllll??? Is anyone else a rock climber cuz same. Thought it'd be cool to kinda bring it in  🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️