-15-

Freya's pov

I'm woken up to someone poking my head. I grab my pillow and throw it at Lizzie.

"Hey!!" She says, jokingly.

"You woke me up." I retort.

"It's almost lunch! You were going to sleep the whole day if I hadn't waken you up." Lizzie says, rolling her eyes. She grabs the pillow and throws it back at me.

"Okay, okay, i'm up!" I say.

"Come on, I have an idea." Lizzie says, taking my hand.

She yanks me into the kitchen.

"Geez woman, why are we going so fast?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Okay, so I have an idea. What if you started to help me make the meals. It could give you a sense of relief if you know what is going into the food?" She says, hesitantly.

"Sure, we can try. What do you have in mind for lunch?" I ask.

"Pasta?" She asks.

"Sure." I say.

She tells me to start cutting the tomatoes. Apparently we are making that famous TikTok pasta. I start chopping the tomatoes as she works on boiling the pasta and the seasoning. Once i'm done, we put it in the pot and add the feta cheese. I'm scared to eat this, but i've got to admit; it looks hella good.

"Alright, ready to eat?" She asks, adding the finishing touches to the meal.

"Mhm" I mumble.

"Hey, it's okay. You can do this, sweetheart." She says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

We sit down at the table, and she pushes a plate in front of me. I stare at it for a bit before taking the fork and playing around with the food. A million thoughts consume my brain. I feel Lizzie put a hand on my hand and I take the fork and put a bite into my mouth.

It tastes amazing. Literal perfection.

"It tastes pretty good, huh." Lizzie says, as she puts a bite into her mouth. I nod before taking another bite. Lizzie's idea did work a little bit. It's reassuring the know exactly what's in the food. I finish half my plate and put the rest in a container for tomorrow.

"I'm so proud of you, honey!" Lizzie praises me.

"I only ate half though." I say, confused.

"It's all about the small steps. Every bit of progress counts." She says.

It's taking every bone in my body to prevent me from making myself sick.

"Do you want to distract your mind?" She asks.

I desperately nod, as a few tears leak out of my eyes and she pulls me into a hug.

"Awh honey, i'm sorry this is so hard for you. How about we turn on a show on Netflix?" Lizzie asks.

"Brooklyn 99." I say.

She just laughs. "You're totally obsessed with that show."

"Who wouldn't be obsessed with it." I giggle.

Lizzie's pov:

I'm not sure how to bring this up with Freya. I don't want to cause her any stress, but she has to know.

"Hey Freya?" I say, nervously.

She pauses the show. "What's up?" She asks.

"So uh...I obviously want to adopt you. It's just that the process is complicated. It-"

"I know that we will have to go to court and everything. I know how is all works." She says, cutting me off.

Well that went easier that expected. "So you're not mad?"

"I'm not mad, I obviously don't want to see my parents, but it's worth it in the end because i'll be with you." She says.

"I love you so much, Freya." I say.

"I love you too" She says, quietly. "I'm going to the bathroom."

"Okay." I say. For some reason, I have another bad feeling. I wait a few seconds before following her to the bathroom. I hear gagging noises, my suspicion in correct.

"Freya, i'm coming in."

"I'm sorry" She cries out.

"Oh baby," I coo, wrapping her up in my arms.

"I couldn't do it." She says, hanging her head low.

"I'm not mad sweetheart, it's okay. You're struggling and your feelings are valid. I'm sorry to say this, but if this isn't working then we may have to go back to the therapist to talk about getting a feeding tube before you drop anymore weight." I say.

"No.." She whispers.

"I'm sorry, Freya. You can get heart issues and all sorts of other health problems from this. This is extremely dangerous, honey." I say, softly.

"I'm not getting a fucking feeding tube." She says.

"Your therapist and doctor will be the decision maker of that." I say, sternly.

She just cries and move away from me.

"Leave me the fuck alone." She says.

Am I really ready to be a mom?