-16-

Lizzie's pov

"Scarlett, I don't know what to do." I cry.

"Lizzie, i'm coming over. Stay on the phone with me and breathe." Scar says. I hear her car engine start.

"I can't- I can't" I say.

It's getting harder and harder the breathe. I'm not sure what to do right now.

"Deep breaths, Lizzie. Inhale thorugh your nose and out from your mouth." Scar says, calmly.

I do as she says and I calm down a bit. She hangs up the phone and I hear footsteps coming into the kitchen.

"Lizzie, i'm here now, it's okay. Everything is going to be okay." Scarlett says, pulling me into a hug. I cry into her shoulder for a while.

"Alright, how about you go get some sleep. I'll check on Freya." She says.

I nod. "Thank you so much, Scar. It means the world to me."

"Of course." She says.

Scarlett's pov

After Lizzie leaves for bed, I go check on Freya. I knock on her door, but I get no response. I open the door slowly, not prepared for what i'm about to see.

"Freya..." I whisper.

"I'm sorry." She cries. "I didn't mean to yell at Lizzie."

"It's okay, honey. Can you please put the blade down?" I ask, softly.

She nods and pulls her knees up to her chest. Her thighs are littered in red lines.

"Okay, sweetheart i'm going to have to clean the cuts. Is that alright?" I ask.

She nods and I go and get the first aid kit.

"Can you tell me what made you do this?" I ask, as I start to clean the cuts.

"I felt really bad for screaming at Lizzie." She admits.

"It's okay, honey. Fights are going to happen, but never feel as you deserve this because you do not. You deserve so much better and i'm so sorry that you feel this way." I say. "And they're all cleaned up!"

"Thank you, Scarlett." She says.

"How about you go get some sleep, yeah?" I say.

She nods and I bring her in for a hug. "You're a strong girl, Freya."

I leave the room to go check on Lizzie. She's just sitting on the couch, scrolling on her phone.

"I thought you were gonna go get some sleep." I smirk.

"How is she?" She asks, instantly turning her attention to me instead of her phone.

"I walked into her uh self harming. I cleaned up the cuts and she's now asleep." I say, quietly.

"Oh my god, this poor girl." She says. "Scarlett, what do I do?"

"Lizzie, she needs treatment." I say.

"No- I can't. She can't go to the hospital, it'll only make it worse Scar-"

"I'm not talking about a hospital. I think more of a group home would work best. My friend works with teenagers that deal with eating disorders. She does it at her home and there would be  a few other teenagers with her. They do regular everyday things, so she's not shut off from the outside of the world." I explain.

"I'll definitely look into it. How long would she be away?" She asks.

Right. Freya won't want to be away from Lizzie.

"Maybe that isn't a good idea. She wouldn't want to be away from you i'm guessing." I say.

"Right..I really don't know what to do." She says.