-22-

Freya's pov

As soon as the doctor comes back into the room, I feel my breathing speed up. I know I can't get out of this, and it's for the best, but who really wants to do this.

She hands me the gown and tells me I can go change to put it on in the other room. I quickly pull off my baggy clothes and throw on the gown.

Lizzie's pov

I inaudibly gasp as Freya steps back into the room. She's always worn baggy clothes to hide her body, but oh my god. It's heartbreaking seeing her look so ill.

"Alright, sweetheart, could you step on the scale?" Doctor May asks.

Freya looks at my hesitatingly, so I give her a reassuring smile.

"Alright, please refrain from looking at your weight."
The doctor says, as Freya steps on the scale.

I know this is unbelievably hard for her, but i'm so proud of her. Just agreeing to come here was a huge step.

"You can step off now, sweetie. Thank you!" The doctor beams.

Freya goes back into the other room to change back into her clothes.

"So.." I say.

"So. I think a feeding tube will be our best bet." Doctor May says. "Therapy twice a week is recommended."

"Oh, uhm thank you so much doctor." I say, sadly.

"Hey, it's okay. I know it's really hard, but you and her are going to get through this. She is a strong girl, and you're an amazing mama." Doctor May reassures me.

"Thank you, really. I appreciate all your help." I say, giving her a smile.

"Speaking of the devil" I joke, as Freya steps back into the room, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, Freya you can have a seat and we will discuss the plan." Doctor May says.

She nods and takes a seat beside me. I put her hand in mine and rub my thumbs over hers.

"So..from what your mom has told me and the health issues you're at risk for, I think a feeding tube is our best option." Doctor May explains.

I feel her breathing pick up and I rub circles on her back.

"If you two could follow me into another room where we already have everything set up." The doctor says, leading us into the room.

She was right, the room was already set up with the tube and everything.

Freya's pov

My eyes widen at the room. God, is this my life now.

"Freya, hop on the bed and make yourself comfy. You're going to feel a lot of discomfort." Doctor May instructs.

I nod as silent tears fall from my eyes. Lizzie notices and wraps me in a hug.

"Hey, it's going to be okay." She whispers.

After the doctor gives some instructions to Lizzie, Doctor May starts to get everything ready to insert the tube. She cleans her hands and starts the process.

She was right. This is so fucking uncomfortable and painful. I don't even know how to explain it, but this is shit.

"Almost there, sweetheart. You're doing great!" Doctor May coos and Lizzie squeezes my hands.

I let out a sob of relief when she is finally done. I bring my knees close to my chest as Doctor May explains everything to Lizzie.

After what feels like hours of them talking, we finally get to go home. Lizzie gets everything loaded into the car and we head home.

"This sucks." I admit, breaking the silence.

"I know it does, honey. It really does suck, but you're going to get through this." Lizzie says.

Yeah, I doubt that.

Sorry for not updating in a while and this chapter is lowkey shit but hopefully the next few chapters will be good 💀