-25-

Freya's pov

"And what happened that day?" My therapist asks.

Why did I decide it was a good idea to come here by myself. I need Lizzie right now.

"Uh I don't know" I mutter, scratching the nail polish off my nails.

"I think you do know, Freya. It's okay if it's hard to talk about this, but you have to try."

"You're right, i'm sorry." I say.

"You have nothing to be sorry about honey, I just want you to feel happy. I know it's a tough healing process, but talking about what happened will help. I promise." She says. "Now could you tell me what happened that day?"

"I can't. I can't do this can you please bring Lizzie into the room." I ask, on the verge of tears.

"Of course, honey." She says, getting up from her chair.

Lizzie comes into the room and immediately brings me into a hug.

"Do you want to go home?" Lizzie asks.

I nod my head and release from the hug. I hate talking about it. It doesn't help, it just makes me remember every single detail about it.

"Thank you for all your help, Dr." Lizzie says, as we make our way to the exit

We leave the building and head to our car.

"When do you think I can get this tube out?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"Once you start eating full meals." Lizzie says, her eyes focused on the road.

"Well that's never going to happen." I mutter, quietly.

"Freya, don't say that. You will recover, it takes time, but you're a strong girl. You can heal." She says, softly.

"Lizzie, give it up. I'm a lost cause." I say.

"I'm not giving up on you."

"Lizzie-" I start to say

She cuts me off. "Freya, you are not a lost cause. I care so deeply about you, i'm not just going to let you give up and i'm certainly not going to give up on you. You deserve so much more, and it sucks that life has been so cruel to you. I promise you will see the bright side of things."

Lizzie's pov

She doesn't say anything after that. The rest of drive home is a silent, but peaceful one. It's around 6:30 when we get home, so dinner time.

"Freya, i'm going to make pasta for dinner. Are you going to have some?" I ask, knowing i'm going to at least try to make her eat.

She doesn't say anything and just flops on the couch. I let her be for some time, knowing that the therapy session probably took a lot out of her. She gets tired extremely easily due to everything that's been going on lately.

"Freya, dinner's ready. Let's eat." I say.

She doesn't move from the couch though. I walk over to check on her and she's fast asleep. I don't want to wake her, but she has to try to eat. I know the tube is giving her the nutrients she needs, but she needs to eat on her own.

"Freya, rise and shine, it's dinner time!" I say.

"Lizzie, why are you rhyming?" She asks, rubbing her eyes.

"I didn't even notice I did. Now, let's go eat." I say.

She reluctantly walks to the dinner table and sits down with me. She picks up her fork and starts moving the pasta around.

I give her a reassuring look, and she puts a bite into her mouth.

"I know you are having a thousand thoughts at once, but you deserve to eat, my beautiful girl."

"I missed this." She admits.

"Missed what?" I ask

"I kind of forgot how good..food tastes." She says, giggling.

I smile. "I'm happy you like it"

She finishes half of her meal, which is amazing.

"Freya, i'm so proud of you." I say, bringing her in for a hug.

"Don't let go." She says, a few tears falling down her face.

"Oh honey, what's wrong?" I ask.

"I can't believe I just ate that..and enjoyed it. I shouldn't have." She says.

"Baby, you need food. You don't need to feel guilty about fuelling your body. You deserve good things, do you want to watch a movie to distract your mind?" I ask.

She nods, cuddling up with me on the couch. I turn on an Adam Sandler movie, and wrap my arm around her.

This girl deserves the world.