Chapter 8: Omen of Gunfire

You awaken in your bed, groggy and still feeling a bit under the weather. you roll over in your sleep on the bed just remembering the events of the previous night.

  Rolling around enough until you land on the floor.

Y/N: Guh! What the hell? How did I get home?

  You stand to your feet, wobbling a bit as your vision tries to adjust in your eye. Though you lose your feelings and start to fall forward. Catching yourself on the nearby furniture, you go into the kitchen and get yourself some water.

Y/N: Hey Raven.

  Raven Emerges, sitting on the table, looking down at you. It was still weird how Raven manifested to look exactly like you, except with both eyes with blue spirals like that of Makima's, some markings by the mouth, and a more 'seductive' and 'alluring' tone to everything they said.

Raven: Yes? Are you alright? Did we drink too much little boy.~

Y/N: What was the contract we made when I was younger? 

Raven: That as long as you have me, you have to achieve your goals of course.

Y/N: . . . That's it? No flesh, no seeking infinite knowledge, nothing too complicated?

Raven: Why? Do you not want me anymore?

Y/N: Of course I want you, it's just. You ask something so small of me, that you literally give me all of you. Even when your birds drink blood I can regenerate the same way Denji or Power could. That makes me wonder.

  You stand up from the table and stare at Raven in the eyes with a serious expression.

Y/N: Am I a human?

Raven: Hmm?

Y/N: Humans don't regenerate from blood consumption last I checked, and I definitely ain't a vampire, despite my gothic appearance. And a fiend is when a devil takes over a human corpse. You also seem able to take control of my body and use it for whatever you want. I admit, you usually ask permission, but normal devils and humans can't just swap in and out unless there's something deeper.

  Raven sits up from the table and lightly caress your cheek.

Raven: I can assure you, you are still you, just with the best parts of me. You'd be surprised how many people fear Ravens, if not for the bird itself, then for what we represent.

Y/N: I remember you and Makima saying that to me. But, that means. If I got severely hurt, then I can just drink blood and be okay?

Raven: Umhm.

Y/N: And all you want in return is my goals to be achieved?

Raven: Yes.

Y/N: What if I have goals even after the others are complete? And it goes on until the end of time?

  Raven's piercing eyes stared right into your eye, standing from the table and caressing your scared cheek. 

Raven: Hmm. Then I guess I'll be with you until the end of time.

  Raven lightly pinches your cheek, the sensation of the pinch reminded you of your mother, how she did that when you were younger. The memory made you sad for the moment, but you shook your head so that the thoughts could get out of your mind. Stepping into the shower, letting all your worries wash over you as you get yourself cleaned. Then stepping out and drying yourself off. 

  Going on and brushing your teeth and getting yourself dressed and prepped for the day. You step out and call Makima on your phone. Mainly to see if there was any tasks she had requiring your talents.