Chapter 10: So Many Girls

The next day you, Power, and Denji were in Aki's hospital room, seeing as he got injured from the Katana Devil attack. While the two of them were reading manga, you leaned against the wall, looking out the window.

Raven: Aw, why the long face?

Y/N: You know why. Himeno is dead, Arai is dead, and the whole of Division 4 is in shambles all in one day. Apart from Kobeni we're the only survivors. 

Raven: You should be happy, you saved Kobeni and Denji. Aki here is alive too. 

Y/N: But the issue I'm having is, I don't wanna be sad, yet I don't think that I'm as sad as I should be, but I just can't. . . I feel for them, I really do. . . But I don't feel the way I think I should.

Raven: You're probably just conflicted. You always knew the risks of everything Devil Hunters would go through, but you still have so much humanity to hold onto it seems.

Y/N: . . . . Eh. Probably shouldn't think about it too much. My feelings are. . . weird, I just wanna do what I wanna do. Kill the devils dead and go home. That's all.

  Power looked at you as Denji was reading his manga. She whispers to him as he reads.

Power: Just who is he conversing with? 

Denji: Hmm? Oh, he just talks to himself sometimes. Maybe he's got an imaginary friend?

Power: Humans are strange creatures indeed.

  Aki's eyes began to open as he noticed the three of you in the hospital room. You noticed him and gave a small smirk.

Y/N: Welcome to the world of the living. Glad to see you're alright.

Aki: How many survivors?

Denji: Well that runt Kobeni, and that dude with the glasses. But he decided to quit, so it's just us really.

Y/N: Yep. Most of Division 4 is in this room. . . But hey, Denji, Power. Makima called for you both, so you should go. Don't wanna keep her waiting.

Denji: Oh, yeah right.

Power: We came only to eat your "Get Well" fruit, nothing more.

Y/N: They did. I came to actually make sure you were alright Aki. Hope you get better soon Aki.

  Power leaves the room while eating an apple as you lightly look at Aki. You reach your hand out to comfort him, but bring it back in, thinking he'd be best off alone right now. You leave as well, then Denji exits the room, leaving an Apple for Aki. As you exit the room, you make your way down the stairs of the hospital, noticing Denji clinging to his chest.

Y/N: What's wrong?

Denji: Huh? Oh, n-nothin really. Just thinking you know?

Y/N: Hmm, never took you as the type to get all sentimental about people dying.

Denji: I'm really not. And what about you? You haven't shed a single tear either.

Y/N: The last time I cried was when my parents were killed. I can't recall ever crying over death ever since. I do try my best to avoid my teammates dying, but at the end of it all, if you die, I will accept it and move on. 

Raven: Liar, you know you'd ball like a baby if someone like Kobeni died. Maybe even Denji and Power too. Or even Makima.

Power: Hmm, you humans are so confusing with your views on death. Death is simply death, that is all.

Y/N: Yeah, but I wouldn't expect too much deep thought from you two. Now, come on. Let's not keep Makima waiting.

*Time skip*