6

*Inessa*

"What the hell happened!" Tony bursts through the door, stomping his way over.

"I'm fine." I grumble, holding my head in pain.

"Fine!" He grabs my hands, holding it in front of my face. "This does not look fine." My wrist pops as his shakes it. I knew it looked bad. I left with no marks, no signs of bad, and I come home with this.

"I'm. Fine." I glare at him. "Now shut up." He scoffs, turning to Bruce.

"Anything?" He walks over, looking over Bruce's shoulder at the screen.

"Nothing." His pushes his glasses up, squinting at the number and lines. "Blood work is fine, no radiation or anything of the sort." He types something in, making clicking noises. Everything is so fucking loud. "Brain scan is fine other than a concussion." Tony runs a hand over his face.

"Where's Rogers?" He looks at me, giving that usual 'your in time out' look.

"The fuck if I know." I slide myself off the bed, standing up and rubbing the side of my head. My knees feel weak, wobbling slightly. Alright. Stand or fall.

"You may want to take it easy for a few days. You've got a fair concussion, and a few bruised ribs. Not to mention," His eyes drift down to my hands. I tuck them behind me, feeling self conscious. "I would just take it easy. We don't know what this all is."

"Does it hurt?" Tony looks back at me. I shake my head. "This isn't going to kill her, right?" He asks Bruce.

"It shouldn't? I don't really know. All the rest came back fine, nothing seems out of picture, other than.."

"Alright, we get it." I rip of the sticky pads from the machine I was hooked too, tossing them aside. I slip my shoes back on, not bothering to lace them up. I go walk past them, but Tony's hand catches my arm. I drop my chin, huffing out air. "Let go." I look at him. "Please." After a moment he lets go, letting me leave.

Walking my way through the lab, I can feel a tingle in my hands. Ignore it. I didn't want Tony to see me worried, it would only make it worse for him. Reaching for the button for the elevator I see how noticeable the tips of my fingers are. Black. The doors open and I step inside, unable to pull my eyes from my hands.

"Ghost."

I knew the whisper was in my head, but the chills weren't. Panic. The tingle started in my finger tips, slowly traveling up my hands, the black color traveling with it. It was painful, but somehow not. Like how an itch you can't scratch away feels, deep under the skin. The door behind me opens again. What is happening?

-
*James*

She was facing the other way, holding something in front of her.

"Inessa?" I call out to her and she turns slowly, holding her hands up, shaking. They were turning darker by the second, the color creeping it's way higher. I look at her face, and tears fall, her gaze staring at her hands. "Inessa." Her eyes dart to mine, red with fear. I hold my hands out, stepping closer. Breathe. She Jumps back, gasping. "Woah now, just calm down."

"What.." she whispers, lowering her hands.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"You-" she points to me, her eyes running all over my face. "What the hell?"

I hear her voice in my head, echoing around like it was bouncing off walls in an empty room. My eyes widen.

"What?" I blink. She slowly shakes her head. "How did you-" I stammer.

"Do what! I'm not doing anything! What are you doing!" She steps out the elevator, never turning her back to me, keeping her eyes on mine. "This can't be-"

"You did it again!" I point at her, feeling a mix of confusion and panic building.

"I don't know! I don't know!" Her hands cover her face. "This can't be happening."

"What the hell..." I run my hands through my hair, trying to keep sane.

"Hey guys." Nat walks up behind me, scaring us both. I jump around facing her, dropping my hands, acting as if nothing is wrong. She looks at us confused. "What's... are you guys okay?"

"Fine!" We both answer. Her eyes bounce between us, not 100% confident with our answer. "Please leave." I hear her voice again, my eyes going wide. I turn my head and look at her behind me, and she just stares at Nat. "Uh.. I'm gonna go. Todays been enough crazy.." She slides into the elevator, pushing the button, but her eyes still dance between us.

-

*Inessa*

The doors close and he spins and looks at me.

"What. The. Hell." He looks horrified.

"I. Don't. Know." I answer, equally as confused.

"This.." His head slowly shakes side to side. "I can't believe this." My jaw drops.

"I can hear you." My mouth doesn't move, no words leaving.

"You can hear me?" I hear his voice, but his lips don't move either.

"What the fuck!" We both yell, and the voices bounce off each other.

"This is crazy." I turn and walk away. Maybe it's a weird coincidence thing. Or maybe I finally lost all my marbles. Definitely loosing marbles. I shove open my door, bolting inside.

"You can't just leave!" He races after me, sliding in my room before the door shuts.

"THIS IS CRAZY!" I yell, throwing myself on my knees. I put my hand on my chest, feeling how fast and hard it's racing. "This isn't real."

"Would you stop doing that!" He groans. I snap my head up, and I see his knees I front of me.

"This can't be happening.." I whisper to myself. He throws his arms over his head, and begins pacing around in a circle.

"Ghost."

Our eyes snap to each others, realizing we both heard it.

"Did you say that?" I ask, and he violently shakes his head.

"No. Did you?" He crouches, watching me. I shake my head.

"What the hell?"

*

Dis is what I picture

Dis is what I picture. Got it? Goooooood. Hehehehe...