36

*James*

The whole crew is in the compounds lobby, chatting with each other, laughing and fixing their attires.

"Alright." Tony steps in front of everyone, getting all of our attentions. "Tonight, I will be proposing to Pepper. Now, I've had this day planned for a while, so please don't screw it up for me. Or you will pay for my wedding." Everyone chuckles, the tension slowly dissipates. "So, are we all ready to go?" Everyone nods, but Nat turns around, looking past all of us.

"Where's Ness?" We all turn and look at each other, not really sure where she was. As if on cue, the elevator chimes open, the doors presenting Inessa. She walks out, and Sam steps next to me.

"Your one lucky man." Sam chuckles. I had no response for him, watching Inessa walk in our direction.

"She's here, so let's go!" Tony claps his hands together, shepherding everyone outside.

"Play it cool, popsicle." Sam pats my shoulder, turning to leave. She looks in my direction, taking her eyes up and down, just like mine do her. Damn. I don't know how makeup works, but I knew she didn't wear it, at least not everyday. But the way her eyes held a sultry gaze, how the shades of brown held total power and elegance, was enough to make my chest tighten. Her hair had a few stands framing her face, but the length was up, her pretty little neck on display. The dress hugs every curve and edge of her perfectly, holding little to the imagination. And the deep low cut of the dress was threatening. I was never a man to mentally undress someone, but she was the exception.

"Hey there, Soldier." She smirks, and a flood of energy buzzes through me smelling her perfume. Mmm.

"Hi, Doll." I gently smile. Her smirk grows bigger, looking up at me through her lashes, my utter weakness.

-

*Inessa*

I felt hot. Let's give Barnes something to stutter about. The elevator doors open, and I see everyone quickly turn their attention to me. As a Stark, I would normally feel untouchable, unmatched, godly even when all eyes landed on me. It was in my nature. But the minute I saw James, all of that went down the drain. God damn, doesn't he look delicious. In an all black suit that hugged every muscle, hair messily tamed, hands tucked into his pockets. This man was superior to all others. I walk out of the elevator, keeping my eyes on him. Well, keep my eyes roaming all over him.

"She's here, so let's go!" Tony claps his hands together, making everyone turn and leave, but James stood there. He was the only man I've ever given the 'come fuck me eyes' to, and I saw no issue with that. I finally get a foot away from him, and I smell is smokey cologne, sending waves crashing in my stomach.

"Hey there soldier." I smirk.

"Hi, Doll." His perfect fucking smile. Ugh. I know it's only been a month knowing him, but he could get it whenever he wanted.

"Didn't know you could clean up so nice." I giggle. He chuckles, dropping his eyes to the floor, a slight dusting of pink covering his cheeks. "You really do look good, James." He looks back up, running his tongue over his bottom lip. Fuck me.

"Thank you." He smiles. "Well," He lifts his hands towards me. "Give me a spin." Smirking, I take a step back, slowly turning myself in a small circle.

-

*James*

She turns, taking her time to either flaunt herself, which was no problem to me, or to make sure I got a good long look. Which I did. I was right. The dress hugged every curve perfectly. I won't lie, I've peeled a few quick glances of her from behind, and it was definitely an enjoyable sight every time. She was a blessed woman. She finishes her spin, looking back up my body.

"Do I get a spin?" She smirks. I let out a chuckle, shaking my head. "Come on! It's only fair." I roll my eyes with a smile, turning around.

"Damn. That ass." She tsks sarcastically, looking at me when I finish my spin.

"Okay.." I laugh.

"Hey! Love birds! You guys comin?" Clint stands at the front door, leaning against it.

"Yes." She answers. Clint leaves, and I look back down at her. I hold my arm out, standing tall.

"Milady." I offer my arm, to which she doesn't hesitate to take. She slides her small hand around my arm, resting it in the crook of my elbow.

"Thank you, good sir." She smiles, walking in step with me out the door.

-

*No Perspective*

The car ride was miserable for them both. Tony made them sit across each other, but that didn't stop them from the conversation they shared through eyes.

His eyes traveled up and down her, never stopping at just one place. He wanted to know if her pouty lips were as soft as he thought. The same way he wondered about her skin, especially the skin showing, her chest teasing him to come closer. He wanted to start at her lips, and stay a while at her neck, trace his lips up and down, finding the spots that would drive her crazy. The head down to her collar bones, right down her sternum to see if she would react the way he thought she would. Every place he looked at, he either wanted to see more of, or kiss every inch on display. He wanted to worship her in that dress. How it looked painted straight on her, holding her waist and her round hips hostage. And it was killing him that he could only look. He wanted her bad.

And her the same. She wanted to run her fingers through his hair, make it more untamed. His steel blue eyes drove her nuts looking all over her. She wondered if his beard would feel soft or scratchy against her skin, either way she would uncontrollably fine with. His arms always stayed covered, so his hand became something she always stared at, his veins would always bloom excitement in her, even the metal one. She didn't care about his replaced appendage, if anything she wanted to know what it felt like against her warm skin. She was enamored how he filled the suit out, his chest threatening to bust the buttons on his shirt open. She wanted to reach over and unbutton a few, if not all of them. His thighs looked thick and strong under the fabric of his pants, his long legs stretched out, feet planted on either side of hers, trapping her in. She wanted him bad.

They sat there, hoping the other was thinking the same of themselves. Inessa was a seductress, always having every man on their knees as she walked by, and men always wanted a piece of her. But to her, other men didn't matter when James was there. He now became the only man that held power over her. It was lethal. James on the other hand, was very alluring, but women were always drawn to Steve more. Most of them were turned away by his cold exterior, his lack of communication and disinterest in women in general. But Inessa became the only thing on his mind. She was slowly eating at him inside and out, all day, every day. It was consuming.

Even though they only knew each other for a little over a month, the bond between them grew and grew. They were friends first, but now they were slowly developing a strong fondness for one another. And neither of them knew how it happened. It scared one, and confused the other. But they weren't prepared for the long night ahead of them. If only they knew how much was going to change.

-

shits happenin......