15

*James*

I didn't like this. But it wasn't my choice. She closed her eyes, giving into whatever it was inside her, and I just stood there. It was concerning how calm she was being, and her face looked peaceful compared to earlier. Her hands turned fully black, the darkness on her skin crawling up her arms, her feet started to change as well. It looked like smoke traveling through her skin, thin and wispy.

"What the hell.." I hear a voice behind me, and turn over my shoulder to see Nat, relieved it wasn't Steve or Tony.

"Shh." I turn back around, watching Inessa again. Nat steps next to me, shoulder to shoulder, and I peak down at her, seeing a worried look. "Just trust her." I whisper.

"I want to," She mumbles.

Not even 5 minutes have gone by, and Inessa drops. We bolt for her, but she holds her hand up.

"Just.." She pants. "It's alright."

"Ness.." Nat stops, pausing her feet. But I didn't.

-

*Inessa*

James drops to his knees in front of me, leaning his head down to look at me.

"Hey," His voice is soft, gentle and kind, not his usual tone.

"It's fine." I groan, sitting on my knees, out of breath. The feeling became overwhelming, making my head throb and body shake, and not in a good way. It felt like my brain was pushing against my skull, making me nearly dizzy. My skin felt cold, like I was standing in Russia without anything on.

"Why don't we stop." I couldn't feel the grass, or the breeze, but I felt his hand land on my shoulder, and it felt like instinct when I put my hand over his. Realizing what I did, I look at him, worried he would freak out. I knew he valued space, Steve didn't even need to explain, I just knew. But his hand didn't move.

-

*Natasha*

When her hand went up I stopped, remembering Bucky's words to trust her, but he sprinted past me. And I watched as he slid onto his knees in front of her, placing himself on her level. Oh Barnes.

I noticed the past couple of weeks how different he was. He attended more meetings, more missions. Hell, he showed up to the meeting with Ross. He never did that. His hand falls on her shoulder, rubbing his thumb in small circles, and her small one placed itself over his. Sweet shy babies.

She didn't like being touched unless she trusted someone completely. Yes she would let the team hug her every so often, but she never went out of her way to show contact. Steve knew it was long over between them when she stopped the small touches, stopped naturally leaning into him. He broke her trust, and she hid herself away again. It was nice seeing them get along. And who knows, maybe they'll get closer.

-

*James*

"Okay, up we go." I hold under her arm, pulling most of her weight up with me, getting her to stand. Once her feet were flat on the ground, her knees start to buckle. My hand flies to her waist, letting her body fall against mine. Nice one. "Let's just stand for a moment." I reassured her, letting her lean into me.

"I'm sorry." Her voice is small, sounding ashamed she's allowing my help.

-

*Inessa*

Nat and James got finally got me back to my room, placing me gently on the couch. My mind and body were exhausted.

"Tea." My voice even came out weak in my brain, but he understood.

"Hot or cold?" He asks out loud.

"Hot." I shut my eyes, leaning back into the unbelievably comfortable couch. Thank god I picked it and not Steve.

"Huh?" Nat cocks her brow, looks over my shoulder, seeing him leave for the kitchen. I lift my finger, tapping my temple. "Ah." Her lips form a line, reaching for the blanket next to me. "So I saw you two getting close out there." She smirks, draping the blanket over my body. I half open my eyes at her, silently threatening her to keep quiet. "Okay, okay." She holds her hands in surrender.

"Here." A mug lands in my hands, and I feel it's hot sides bloom heat in my palms. I let out a moan, not realizing the sound could still leave my body. I catch Nat's eyes flick up to James, and I follow her view to him, seeing his eyes dart away from me.

"What?" I mumble, bringing the mug closer to my lips, sipping its contents. "Never heard a moan before?"

"I-" His mouth closes quick, sending an offended look at me.

"Easy Barnes." I hum. Nat stands, patting her legs.

"You good?" She asks. I let out another small moan, finding myself chug the hot tea. "She's good." She nods to James. She steps to him, patting his shoulder. "You got her?"

"Yeah." He sighs.

"Alright then." She smiles over her shoulder, leaving the apartment. The door shuts and he stands there awkwardly.

"You can sit ya know." I lean over placing the cup on the end table. "I don't bite hard." A small chuckle leaves him, and he sits on the couch, a few inches away from my feet. I slouch back down, throwing my arm over my eyes. I feel hungover. He was quiet and still, but I could tell he was staring at me. "What." I grunt. I hear him shift in his seat, either making himself more comfortable, or becoming more uncomfortable.

"Nothing." He mumbles. Liar.

"You might as well talk, your on baby sitting duty."

"Baby sitting duty?" He questions.

"She wouldn't have left me here unsupervised." I lift my arm away from my face, realizing the sun was setting. I choose this side of the compound because when the sun sets, rays of orange spray through the windows, making the apartment glow.

"You? Supervised?" He smirks, shaking his head, letting eyes drift away.

"I am what poets call," I grunt as I try to shift up to a sitting position. "A mess." I managed to halfway prop myself up, now able to look at James face. I like his face.

"Hmm." He tilts his head back and forth, jokingly pondering if it was true or not. "I could see that." He answers, and I kick his leg, making him jump. When he looks back at me his body relaxes a little, another smirk forming.

"Asshole." He breathes out a laugh at my response, throwing his arm over the back of the couch.

"Never said I agree." He responds.

"Right." I nod.

-

We still getting the idea

We still getting the idea...? Yes..? Gooooood.....