22

*James*

Her hands and feet are solid black, her arms look painted like tree roots, crawling up her arms. It looked chaotic, not in a bad way, but it was surreal to see her get this far. But even though it looked chaotic, she looked at peace.

"Feel through your core, but see through your mind." Wanda yells, standing glued to the ground, waiting for what Inessa does next. And her palms turn upwards facing the sky, little wisps of black swirling over her hands. The sun was slowly setting, casting shade over us against the wall. It wasn't much but two feet out, since Steve's legs that were outstretched still had sun shining on them.

Quickly the wisps over her hands start to grow, larger than her palms, growing nearly twice the size. The shade starts moving forward, reaching Steve's feet. We all look at it, slowly moving its way to Wanda, who turns and drops her jaw slightly.

"Inessa." Her voice was calm, but her face wasn't. I turn and look at Inessa, seeing her face pinch together.

"What's going on?" Tony stands, stomping over to Wanda, and she turns back to face her.

"Inessa." Wanda's voice came out in a warning, making all of us jump up. The shade grew darker, and started to stretch further into the field. "This is enough for today." Wanda speaks loudly to try and snap Inessa out of it, but it doesn't. Come on.

"Inessa." Tony warns. "You did great kid, time to wrap it up." She doesn't move, the wisps in her palms expanding all around her hands.

"Inessa." I spoke loud enough to hear, but nothing to scare her. "Inessa, come on." The shade grew, only a few feet away from her, the wisps growing rounder, darkening around her hands.

"Inessa!" Tony yells again.

"Nessa!" Clint and Nat start yelling her name, Sam and Steve slowly join in.

"Inessa." I spoke louder, hoping she would hear us finally, but she doesn't move. I didn't want to yell at her, but soon everyone would start panicking. "Inessa!" Her eyes snap open, the shade snaps back into place, almost like a rubber band. The color from her hands retreat back to her fingers slowly, the wisps disappearing.

Wanda races over, with Tony and i following closely behind. Inessa didn't collapse this time, standing firmly on her feet. We reach her, Wanda's hands cupping her face, Tony grabbing her shoulders.

"Talk to me kid." Tony looks over her face and arms, seeing the normal shade of her skin come back.

"I'm-" She pants out a breath, looking all around her. "I'm fine." She seems surprised that she's fine, almost confused that she wasn't. "I'm fine." She looks at Wanda.

"You did great." She smiles at Inessa, wiping the sweat off her cheeks.

"Is everyone okay?" She looks to Tony, scared she hurt someone.

"Everyone is fine." Tony chuckles, letting go of her.

"That was-" She looks back to Wanda, placing her hands over Wanda's on her face.

"Freeing?" Wanda giggles, a beam of a smile on her face. Inessa nods, grinning ear to ear. "You," Wanda let's go, holding Inessa's hands. "Have the power over darkness and shadows. And soon, you will be able to control them."

"But not today." Tony squeezes her arm, making Wanda let go of her hands, both of them taking a step back. "Take your time. I'm ordering take out. You deserve it, squirt." He turns around, letting out a bark of laugh, making everyone behind us let out little cheers.

"Talk to me later." Wanda smiles at her before walking behind Tony.

Inessa stands there, watching them leave, letting her face drop a little.

"So," I step into her sight, a smirk on my lips feeling proud. She was truly incredible. "You didn't pass out." She lets out a laugh that soon turns into a sigh.

"No." She shakes her head, looking down. But I catch the soft dusting of pink on her cheeks. "I feel tired though." She smiles. "Oh white knight," She tosses her hand over her forehead, pretending to be ill. "Carry me to the palace." I let out a chuckle, amused by her humor once again. I step next to her, wrapping my arm over her shoulders.

"Come on, princess." Her arm wraps around my middle, sighing.

"I said carry me, not make me hobble." She leans into my side, making me slightly blush from the close contact.

"I'll carry you when you can't stand at all." I chuckle.

"Sure.." She huffs. "Though I feel exhausted, I feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Or until you put yours in mine." I laugh shaking my head, walking us to the compound.

"You did good." I smile down at her, watching her look up at me.

"Just good? Not fantastic, or extraordinary?" She grins.

"Now your pushing it." I smirk. She throws her hip into mine, bumping us to the left a little.

"Your mean." She smiles but looks back where we're walking, taking slow steps.

"Am not." I chirp.

"Definitely." She nods her head.

"Not as mean as you." I throw my hip into hers, making us sway again.

"Okay okay," she laughs. "I'll give you that one." She giggles. I love her little giggles.