Prolouge *mentions of DUI and cursing*

Cold was the only word to describe this night. Adalynn and Seráe were moving into Adalynns old home. Well more of Seráe moving in and Adalynns parents moving out. Being on their own.

"I'm so glad I'm out of my parents life."

Seráe says as she puts her many boxes onto the guest room bed. Adalynn nods.

"Yeah girl you needed to get outta there."

Adalynn says as she brushed her blonde hair out of her face pulling it back into a ponytail. Her features were soft. Sweet. Because she is soft and sweet. However she did have some sass to her. She had pale blue eyes with a small pointed nose. Her smile was super contagious too.

"Yeah look who the hell you're telling. Dad got another DUI. I'm not visiting him either. I'm done with my parents drama."

Seráe adds as she puts her stuffed animals onto the bed. Her features were opposite of Adalynns. Her features were strong. Distinguished but different at the same time. She had curled black hair. Her skin tone was pale however she had blue eyes as well. She had a round facial structure but her lips and nose complemented it super well. Very unique. Because that's how she was. She was an ultimate nerd and loved being herself. She had ultimate sass. She was an ultimate sweetheart but only to Adalynn and their other best friend Rose. That's it.

"Another one? Jesus Christ when does the bastard ever stop?"

Adalynn asks as she helps arrange Seráes room. Seráe shrugged.

"Beats me. But hey tell your parents I said thank you and ask them how the move was for them. Since their out of state."

Seráe says with a genuine smile. Adalynn nods smiling.

"Will do. Now. I'll move my things to the master room next door to you. Upstairs can be for storage ok?"

Adalynn asks and Seráe nods.

"I'll be in here alright?"

Adalynn nods leaving the room to move her own stuff in.

-Timeskip-

"Hey Adalynn come check it out!"

Seráe says excitedly. Adalynn smiles following Seráe to her room.

"Wow! It looks so cool."

Adalynn says excitedly as she checks it out. Seráe giggles.

"I'm exhausted though. Do you want to cook? Or do you want takeout or what?"

Seráe asks looking at Adalynn leaving it up to her completely. Adalynn thinks for a moment.

"Alright. We'll order Chinese food. I'll pay this time since you have more credit hours for school. Next time you can when we order out deal?"

Adalyn asks with a closed smile. Seráe nods enthusiastically.

"Thank you. You know what I like so go ahead and order."

Seráe says with excitement. Adalynn does so and calls the Chinese restaurant.

-Timeskip-

Seráe and Adalynn were eating their dinner. Adalynn was texting their other friend Rose about the move. While Seráe was watching a horror movie.

"Oh look we got fortune cookies!"

Adalynn says excitedly as she tosses Seráe one. Catching it in response. They both opened their cookies breaking them apart.

"What does your fortune say Seráe?"

Adalynn says curiously. Seráe perks a brow at the paper.

"It says. Darkness will come your way."

Seráe snickers at the paper.

"That's creepy as fuck."

Adalynn says seriously and opened hers up.

"Mine says. Evil energy is possibly coming to you."

Adalynn shivered and Seráe shook her head.

"It's just some sick fucks putting these in. Trying to scare people. No worries."

Seráe shrugged and Adalynn nodded finally.

"Yep. Just some sickos."

They were very wrong. Very very wrong.