Chapter 18 *mention of releigon and betrayal*

-Timeskip to morning-

Seráe woke up on the couch and she jolted awake.

"Oh.. ok everything went well?"

She asks to herself and goes to her bedroom. She checked her phone and it was six in the morning.

"Weird that I woke up so early.."

Seráe says as she gets back into her bed.

"Well at least I blessed almost all of the house.."

She says as she went into her bed. She'll finish it when she's awake. Hoping Adalynn won't give her any issues about it.

                               -Few hours later-

Adalynn woke up and felt more safe. For some reason. As if Seráe when she blessed the house it was more of a safer house.

"She did it.."

Adalynn smiled as she cooked them brunch. Seráe woke up and got her things together again. She set them down on the kitchen table.

"Why the hell are those out again?"

Adalynn asks confused and Seráe groaned.

"I'm blessing the house still. Only have my room and yours left to do."

Seráe says as she sits for brunch. Adalynn perked a brow.

"You're not done yet? Why did I feel safe then."

Adalynn asks and Seráe shrugged.

"Beats me. Probably because I am almost done. Who knows."

Seráe says clearly pissed off from yesterdays events.

"Listen.. if you're mad about yesterday I-"

Seráe cut her off.

"Nope. I'm fine. Everything is fine."

Seráe says as she decides to not even eat brunch.

"Wait.. don't leave I'm trying to apologize. Please eat.."

Adalynn begged and Seráe shook her head.

"I'm sorry but.. how you acted towards me. Isn't you. Wasn't you. You haven't been yourself. Not saying I've been myself either, this incident fucked us up both."

Seráe says and Adalynn sighed.

"But I'm taking precautions."

Seráe says as she went to go finish up blessing the house. Adalynn groaned.

"I just want to move on. That's all I want. Why do I feel safe then?"

Adalynn protests and Seráe snaps.

"I don't know!! Probably because the house is almost blessed! Now stop talking and let me do this since you straight up refuse."

Seráe says annoyed as Adalynn tried to speak.

"I'm sorry.. ok? I'm sorry for not listening to you. Rose agrees with you and me.."

Adalynn states and Seráe nods.

"Mhm.."

Seráe didn't pay attention. She was just blessing the whole house. After about an hour she was done.

"Finally did it!"

She says in victory and Adalynn hugged her. However poor Seráe was forgetting a step when she blessed the house... something important. Very important. But she didn't know.  However she will know once she retraces her steps that father Gabriel gave to her before he died. Seráe decided to do just that, getting the piece of paper from her room, retracing the steps Father Gabriel gave her. She did all of the steps. Adalynn smiled at Seráes nod of approval. However there was something on the back.

"Important note: if there are more people living in the house. Everyone MUST participate. Otherwise the blessing won't work. Stay safe."

Seráe gulped and looked at Adalynn.

"You done fucked up."

Seráe says in full betrayal. Adalynn gave her a confused look and Seráe just handed her the paper.

"See for yourself."

Seráe walked away and decided to work on her day off.

"I give up. It's official."

Seráe says and Adalynn read it in shock.

"Why didn't he mention this before he-?"

Adalynn asks and realized that's not the best thing to be asking. Seráe sighed.

"You win. You wanted to move on so desperately? Well there you are. It didn't even work because you weren't on my side.. I knew we should've been working together. See you later girl."

Seráe sighs as she puts her work uniform on and leaves Adalynn alone in the house feeling guilty and in shock. That was THE biggest mistake Seráe ever made.