Chapter 19 *cursing, tying up, potential torture, mental recovering

Once Seráe left the house she felt guilty. She didn't feel comfortable leaving Adalynn there after what they discovered. However Seráe had to go to work.

"Fucking hell.."

She muttered as she drove to work. Adalynn was pacing around, that safety feeling was gone right when Seráe left. It was Seráe that she felt safe. She felt protected when Seráe was there. It had nothing to do with blessing the house or a presence.

"I gotta hide oh god I gotta hide."

Adalynn got super paranoid like how Seráes  been. While now Seráe is at work just trying to move on. It's like now Adalynn and Seráe switched their mindset with each other. Adalynn hid in Seráes room to feel somewhat safe.

"Why couldn't I sense this before...?"

Adalynn asks to herself as she hid under seráes bed. Adalynn adjusted to the spot and she felt a little secure but she felt like Slappy was there. Although he'd make himself known by now right?

                       -Timeskip at Seráes job- 

Seráe was doing her job. Well the most you can do at fast food. The job could be difficult as far as the people. But as far as everything else goes it's easy. And it got her mind off of what she discovered. Maybe Adalynn was right and they both needed to just move on. Slappy isn't back and maybe he did just give up.

"Seráe?"

Her boss asked and she snapped out of it.

"Oh sorry about that Todd what's up?"

Seráe asks and Todd gives her a concerned look.

"Weren't you supposed to be on a paid time off week? How come you're back a week earlier?"

Todd asks and Seráe shrugged.

"I'm ok now I was just needing a mental health break is all."

Seráe says with a smile and Todd perked a brow.

"Alright but I'm sending you home after a four hour shift instead."

Todd says concerned and she groaned when he walked away.

"Why is everyone telling me to stay home today? If they knew the issue they'd say get back to work."

She muttered under her breath. Seráe decided to go on a fifteen minute break and she texted Rose.

Rose: has Adalynn texted you?
Seráe: no why?
Rose: I don't know why you went to work, Adalynn texted me saying once you left the house felt off.
Seráe: ok and? It's been that way for almost a week. She's been saying she felt safe.
Rose: you fucking idiot! You made her feel safe. Now since you're gone. She feels unsafe.
Seráe: well! Did Adalynn tell you that the blessing of the house didn't work? Because everyone who lives in the house HAS to participate? Bet she didn't tell you that.
Rose: oh my god..I think I know what's happening. Or about to. You say Slappy hasn't been there for a week. You guys have been by each others side right??
Seráe: don't try to scare me now.. what is is you're trying to say? And yes we've been by each others side until today.
Rose: go home!!! Now!! Slappy isn't done!! He never gave up!! Go home and go to Adalynn!! His whole plan was to get you two alone!! So he could kill you off that way!! He knew how you two would act after all of that! Adalynn acting like it's done and you get paranoid. And now Adalynn is paranoid and you are acting like it's done! He wanted to turn you two against each other!! GO HOME!
Seráe: oh fuck.. gotta go.

Just then Seráe told her boss she had to go home because of a family emergency. Todd understood and let her go. Seráe worked about three hours.

                        -Timeskip to the house-

Adalynn was under the bed as she heard the electric fence buzz loudly. There was also a beeping sound outside however the noise stopped abruptly. As if someone interrupted the connection of the alarm of the electric fence. The electric fence stopped buzzing as well. She was crying silently once she heard kicking at the front door. Meanwhile Seráe was driving home fast. Running red lights, going ten over the speed limit.

"What is happening.."

Adalynn asks to herself as she was under the bed crying a little. Adalynn didn't know who it was. Whoever it was. Trashed the house by looking upstairs first. Adalynn sobbed a little which caused the person to get downstairs. Just then, the house got silent. Too silent. The lights in Seráes room flickered and Adalynn heard a little knock. That knocked on the door three times. Adalynn covered her mouth as she saw the tiny feet on the floor since she was hidden under the bed. The feet looked all too familiar. Polished black shoes, dark gray tuxedo pants. The eerie feeling was facing Adalynn right at this moment. Especially when the all too familiar figure bent down to face Adalynn. The same piercing blue eyes made eye contact with Adalynns terrified brown ones.

"Knock knock.."

It was Slappy, he giggled super quietly and he dragged Adalynn out from under the bed as she screamed.

"Hahahah! My plan is going perfectly!"

Slappy dragged Adalynn by her hair and knocked her out cold.

"Now she can shut up.."

Slappy snarled as he dragged her to a chair. Seráe wasn't even close to being home.