Chapter 28

Several hours had passed since Richter and Minister Olmos had made their announcement. Richter sat reading a book in the Minister's guest room. A single knock came at the door.

"Enter," Richter said.

Neil Senna entered the room and sat down across from Richter.

"What are you reading?" Neil asked.

"My journal on the meteor and miasma...but you're not here to chit chat. What's the status?" Richter asked.

"Our five C.A.R.D. teams are assembled and ready to deploy," Neil stated.

"Card teams?" Richter asked.

"Yeah...Collection and Reconnaissance Division teams...C.A.R.D. Just something I came up with," Neil said with a shrug.

"Whatever. You can call them what you want. I just want them deployed," Richter said with some annoyance.

"Yes, Sir! Just so you know...Felix Trebanne will be leading the team for the Jorgian Mountains. Lance Merrone will lead the Rainbow Falls team. Shara Nemora will take a team down to the Southern Forest. Yelis Stone is going to Folton's Dale. I'm heading up the Costa Mira Cliffs team," Neil detailed.

"Fine. Remember...you all have orders to immediately put down any resistance by any means necessary," Richter said coldly.

"I understand, Sir," Neil replied.

"Well why are you still sitting there? Leave immediately," Richter ordered.

"Yes, Sir," Neil said with a slight frown.

At the door, Neil turned back to Richter.

"Sir, I know we're close...when we finally find the meteor...do you think we'll be able to destroy the miasma?" Neil asked.

"I don't know," Richter replied without looking up from his journal.