1 September 1994

Albus: It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year.

You gasp in shock and surprise with a few other students before realizing most people are laughing, probably thinking it is another one of Dumbledore's jokes.

Fred: You're JOKING!

Albus: I am not joking, Mr. Weasley, though now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a hag, and a leprechaun who all go into a bar.

You hear Professor McGonagall clear her throat.

Albus: Er - but maybe this is not the time... no... Where was I? Ah yes, the Triwizard Tournament... well, some of you will not know what this tournament involves, so I hope those who do know will forgive me for giving a short explanation, and allow their attention to wander freely.

You barely listen to Dumbledore's explaination, as you already know what the Tournament is. You read something about it in a book one day, and thought it was better cancelled because of how dangerous it was.

Albus: Only students who are of age - that is to say, seventeen years or older - will be allowed to put forward their names for consideration.

You sigh in relief. None of your friends will be able to risk their life in this stupid tournament. But most don't seem to share your opinion as the students shout at Dumbledore in rage. You look at Luna next to you. She seems truly worried.

Albus: The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving in October and remaining with us for the greater part of this year.

You smile at Luna.

Y/n: At least this is going to be interesting, meeting students from other magical schools! I can't wait to learn more about them, they probably have very different studies then us!

Luna nods at you, almost trying to hide her worries.

Albus: And now, it is late, and I know how important it is to you all to be alert and rested as you enter your lessons tomorrow morning. Bedtime! Chop chop!

You stand up and wait for Luna before following the Ravenclaws to your common room.

Once set in your dorms, you sit on the couch with Luna. You're not feeling like sleeping yet, you're too busy thinking about the tournament.

Y/n: What do you think about all of this?

Luna: The tournament?

Y/n: Yeah.

Luna: I don't know, I guess I'm kinda worried... It seems very dangerous, even for seventeen years old.

You nod.

Y/n: I have a bad feeling about this... Like it's not going to go as well as it should...

Luna takes your hand and you feel your heart beat louder and faster for a few seconds.

Luna: Whatever happens, I'll be here for you, okay?

Y/n: Thank you, Luna. I'll be here for you, too.