Yule Ball

Luna and you arrive from behind the entrance to the ball and hide outside while everyone is entering. Once everyone's inside, you walk around until you find the windows, where you quickly realize two Gryffindor students your age had the same idea as you. They both turn around as you approach them to look through the window as well.

Mckenzie: Hey! That's our spot!

Stanley: Yeah, find somewhere else to spy on the ball!

Y/n: Ok, ok, calm down- Luna, come on-

You walk up to the next window and look inside.

Luna: Look, it's Ginny and Neville!

Y/n: Aw they look great!

You finally notice who you wanted to see. Hermione. She didn't even tell you she was going with Viktor Krum... And didn't show you her beautiful dress.

Y/n: She's beautiful...

Luna: ...Who?

Y/n: Hermione.

Luna: Oh- wow! She's so pretty!

Y/n: She is...

You end up wondering how you would look in that dress. Would you be as pretty as your amazing, perfect sister? You immediately regret thinking that. You never felt jealous of her before, and you feel bad now.

Y/n: Let's go somewhere else? In the gardens maybe?

Luna nods and you two walk away. You arrive at the gardens after a few minutes, and sit on a bench. You can kinda hear the music from there, and it makes you want to dance. You get up.

Luna: What are you doing?

Y/n: Do you want to dance?

Luna: What?

She looks surprised, but not offended.

Y/n: I know we're not in formal dresses and such, and we're not part of the ball... But that's the only time in our lives we'll get a ball like this one. So do you want to dance?

Luna: Sure!

You give her your hand and she takes it. She gets up, and you start dancing to the music. This moment feels so amazing, you wish it would never end. You never felt this way. Nervous, but comfortable. You feel like you are where you're meant to be. When the music ends, and you're in Luna's arms, you feel so good and stop moving to enjoy that last moment.

Luna: Uh- Y/n?

You immediately step back.

Y/n: I'm sorry- this is awkward, isn't it?

Luna: No, of course not. It's amazing. You're a great dancer.

Y/n: Thanks... You too.

You've never felt this good.