February 1994

Fred: Come on, Ron, you were always saying how boring Scabbers was. And he's been off-color for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him to snuff it quickly -- one swallow - he probably didn't feel a thing.

Ginny: Fred!

Y/n: But are we sure Crookshanks really ate him?

Ron: Do you know any other ginger cat?

Y/n: No, but it's possible-

Ginny: For once, Y/n, I think Ron's right. I know you want to side with Hermione, but look, we've got proofs.

Y/n: I guess...

The next day, you are watching the Gryffindor-Ravenclaw Quidditch game with Ginny and Luna. The blonde Ravenclaw is wearing an eagle hat, cheering for her house with you, while Ginny is supporting Gryffindor. You look at Cho Chang, the Ravenclaw seeker, and you already know chances are low for her, as Harry now has a Firebolt, which is way faster than her Comet, but you still cheer as strongly as you can to support your house.
You look down and notice three dementors are looking up at Harry. You immediately look at Harry, worried, and you see him using the same spell Professor Lupin used on the train. A silvery smoke comes out of his wand as he immediately goes back to following the Snitch. You look at Ginny next to you, she is looking right at Harry with eyes full of admiration. You give her a small kick with your elbow.

Y/n: He's really good, Potter, isn't he?

Ginny: Oh, you shut up!

You laugh at her as she inevitably blushes.

Eventually, Harry catches the Snitch and Gryffindor wins. As much as you are disappointed for Ravenclaw, you still congratulate the Gryffindors as most of your friends and your sister are in Gryffindor.

Also this is the last chapter in second year because literally nothing happens after that, as no one knows what happened with Sirius and Buckbeak :'D Sorry TwT Normally the third year will be longer, there's gonna be some romance introduced and lots of cool stuff!