November 1994

The next few days have been terrible. Hermione is spending so much time trying to get Harry and Ron to talk that she doesn't have time to spend with you as you two always did, she keeps dismissing you every time you try to talk. Luna seems to be the only Ravenclaw supporting Harry as the Slytherins offer the other houses their badges "Potter stinks", the Hufflepuffs don't seem "kind" anymore, everything is going wrong. Ginny is busy defending Harry while your own classmates are looking down on you and Luna because you support him.

You're sitting on that same bench in the courtyard, reading another book, when he comes up to you again. He has been doing that multiple times since that first time in September, and you had started to enjoy his company but today he shows up wearing a "Potter stinks" badge.

Draco: What are you reading?

Y/n: ...What is wrong with you, seriously.

Draco: ...what?

Y/n: You really expected me to be friendly again while you're wearing that damn badge?

Draco: I haven't seen YOU be friendly with Potter recently, though.

Y/n: Have you seen me be friendly with anyone, recently?

Draco: Loony Loveg-

Y/n: Don't call her that.

Draco: sorry- is it Luna?

Y/n: mhm

Hermione: Y/n? What are you doing with him?!

You look over your shoulder and see Hermione standing near the bench, surprised.

Y/n: I'm... I'm talking.

Hermione: With him?! Why would you-?!

Y/n: I think I'm old enough to decide who I want to hang out with.

Hermione: But that's Malfoy!

Draco: Should I go?

Hermione: Yes, get away from my sister!

Draco: Calm down, Granger, I ain't going to kill her.

Hermione: Go. Away.

Malfoy rolls his eyes but does it. Once he's gone, Hermione turns to you.

Hermione: What do you think you're doing?!

Y/n: So now you acknowledge my existence?

Hermione: What do you mean?

Y/n: I've been trying to talk to you for days, but every time I approach you, I can't because you're too busy with Harry and Ron's crap!

Hermione: But why HIM?! Out of all people, Malfoy?!

Y/n: I've got no one to talk to right now because everybody's busy defending someone, or being harassed, or whatever you're doing, so yeah, I'm letting him talk to me because he seems to be the only person who actually wants my company these days!

Hermione: Y/n, he's a bad influence, you shouldn't-

Y/n: I'll see you later.