September 1992

You and Hermione are in the same room in the Hogwarts Express. Ginny enters, looking upset.

Y/n: Hi, Ginny!

Ginny: Oh, hi, Y/n. Hey, have you seen Ron? I can't find him.

Hermione: I'm sorry Ginny, I haven't. And I couldn't find Harry either...

Ginny: I hope they're okay...

Time skip

McGonagall: When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted.

Y/n: I wonder what house I'll be in...

Ginny: Maybe Gryffindor, like your sister? All my family got into Gryffindor.

Y/n: I don't know... I don't really consider myself... that courageous.

McGonagall: Creevey, Colin!

Sorting Hat: GRYFFINDOR!

Y/n: Will you still be my friend if I'm not in Gryffindor?

Ginny: Of course I will! Houses will never separate us.

Y/n: Thank you.

McGonagall: Granger, Y/n!

Sorting Hat: Hmm... I feel talent... A lot of talent. Determination to prove yourself... But a very intelligent mind... Better be... RAVENCLAW!

You join the Ravenclaw table, smiling big at Ginny, then Hermione over the Gryffindor table. The Ravenclaws congratulate you, and the Prefect, Robert Hilliam, introduces himself, and you start talking about class and magic in general with other Ravenclaws.

Y/n: So... Being a Muggle-born doesn't affect my magical abilities at all?

Robert: No, not at all, really.

Cho: You're a witch just as powerful as any witch your age, pure-blood, half-blood, or muggle-born.

Y/n: Thanks!

Sorting hat: RAVENCLAW!

You look over at the Sorting Hat along with the other Ravenclaws to see who just got sorted. A small girl with blond curly hair timidly approaches your table and sits on an extremity next to you.

Y/n: Hi, I'm Y/n Granger!

Luna: I'm Luna Lovegood. It's... your first year too, right?

Y/n: Yep!

You smile at her, seeing how shy she seems to be, wanting to make her feel more comfortable around you.

Y/n: This is one of our Prefects, Robert Hilliam. And this is Cho Chang, she's a 3rd year.

Luna: H-hi.

You encourages Luna to talk with you and the others, and she gets more comfortable as time passes by.

Once you can finally eat, you discovers she's a big fan of pudding, just like you, and after being finished eating, you follow your Prefects to your common room. Luna and you are in the same dormitory, with three other first-year girls.