Part 7 - Family Photos

Bold = Ender or just the written language 

Regular = just English

like one swear, mentions of dead loved ones, and also freaking out about runaways

- /★\ -

"Phil, we're going to find him!"

Almost three days. It has been almost three days since Tommy disappeared. Philza was desperate to get his son back home, he didn't want to lose another. Wilbur may have been annoyed with his brother, but he was his brother after all.

Footprints in the snow should have been a give away, but it had snowed the night Tommy left. Philza had a compass that would always point to a compass Tommy would carry, bit he hadn't taken it with him when he went outside. Wilbur went out every day since calling for his brother but he hadn't turned up.

"He always turns up when he does stupid shit like this," Wilbur reasoned.

Philza was staring out his window at the snow gently falling. Outside, the old Elytrain could see an Enderman's dark glowing figure, he watched the Enderman instead of conversating with Wilbur.

"Phil please. He will turn up," Wilbur continued, he walked up to Philza. "I'm going to go out to find him. Theres- theres so many places a kid like him could hide here. Okay? I'm going to get him and bring him home. He's going to run out of food or-or people to talk to and he's going to show back up. It happens every once in a while, you remember last time?"

Philza paused a few seconds. "Last time he was back within the weekend. Wil, he won't show up."

"I'm still going to look."

Wilbur had gotten on a coat and his boots and now he was wandering around the cold snowing tundra. Philza didn't follow him. He kept staring out the window at the Enderman.

"⋔⟟⌇⌇⟟⋏☌ ⌿⍀⟟⋏☊⟒. ⋔⟟⌇⌇⟟⋏☌ ⊑⎍⋔⏃⋏."

"Fuck off."

"⌿⍀⟒⋔⏃⏁⎍⍀⟒ ☌⍀⟟⟒⎐⟟⋏☌?"

"Cryptic damn Endermen. Off my lawn!"

The Enderman stared back spacily in his general direction. After a few moments it finally teleported away. Philza took a breath and closed the window. He took another deep breath.

His eyes fell over family photos. Him, his wife and three kids. That was his favorite one. Now the newest. Him, and two sons ready to start fighting each other to the death. His family was never perfect, but now it certainly wasn't. Soon it was just going to be him and Wilbur. Philza wasn't sure he could do that anymore.