Part 6 - Ice

Bold = Ender or just the written language

Regular = just English

still some swearing lmao

- /★\ -

Soon a low growl woke up Ranboo. He lifted his head up, and looked. Apparently they'd landed in the forest. Ranboo liked this forest. It was filled with trees, tall with black bark that looked like clothes the trees had out grown, with wide and large leaves varying from a light pink to a deep purple. The soil was brownish but muted, contradicting the sandstone-sort that made up most of the ground in the cities. 

He could hear the soft buzzing of various insects. There weren't many other animals: dragons, insects, and the Endermen. Ranboo always thought that was weird, it made him feel lonely. He still enjoyed the forest, a complete different feel from the city; even the smell was different, much more deep or damp. Mostly that bitter smell of the End seemed more engraved in the air.

Ranboo couldn't help but notice that more nature-y places always seemed to have that kind of effect. He loved it. It was interesting but he loved it.  It was relaxing to him. And in the End, when he smelled that smell, he felt... well more powerful. He could feel a sort of tingling on his fingers and he could even see that his eyes were more purple-ly and glowing. 

So he was already a little excited as he stretched himself out and slid off of Toxin. He didn't see Tommy. Toxin ended up laying down in the clearing she landed on as Ranboo began peering around.

"Tommy?" He called.

A little voice in his mind that pointed out that he must've left. Ran away. And why wouldn't he? Ranboo betrayed him once before, why wouldn't he take the opportunity to run? It just made sense for him to dash. Ranboo was hurrying to find Tommy because he couldn't have just ran away for no reason! He kept calling Tommy's name but there wasn't a response.

Twenty minutes. It took twenty minutes for Ranboo to give up. He was now sitting with Toxin, digging through the side pouch that Ranboo had loaded with supplies. He set the ice furthest away, it still stung when he'd hold it.

"Ranboo there's no fucking water here."

He looked up and was far too fucking surprised to see Tommy standing there.

So he did come back. He didn't actually run away, he actually stayed, or came back. Ranboo didn't know if he'd ran away but decided to come back or something else. He took a deep breath, not actually looking up at Tommy. He thought something bad might happen.

He hesitated before talking, now looking at the ice. "There won't be any water in the End. Most things that live here don't respond well to it."

"So that's why it's so dry. Well how the hell do I survive? What if we can't get home in time??" Tommy demanded.

"I got that ice. You could probably melt it for water. And there's plenty of food around this place." He paused. He didn't really want to tell Tommy about it, what if he thought he was crazy? Because Ranboo would sometimes think he goes insane. He knew he didn't, but what if. There was always that slight whisper in his mind.

Tommy looked at Ranboo anxiously. "Ranboo?"

"Hm?"

"Are you uhm are you sure I'll actually get home?"

"I don't even know. I'm so sorry if nothing happens but you starving here! I-i just don't know."

"What?"

"Of course." Ranboo bit the inside of his lip. "I have a plan too, well to get you home sooner."