Chapter 22

Akieno's POV

"I'm ready to tell you about Nina". The shock on Reign's face was evident. We were sitting in the car while staring at the lake. I exhaled the nervous feeling out of me. " I met her in college. We had friends that dated each other, but we never really liked each other. The more we 3rd wheeled with our commen friends, the more we started talking and long story short, we fell inlove". I took a glimpse at Reign and she was giving me an encouraging look to go on. " After college, we planned our furture together. She got to be a nurse and I got to work for one of the best animation companies in the world. We would make trips to Paris and come back after a few days. We had 6 years of happiness. All was well, but little did I know that she would be taken away from me way too soon".

I felt Reign tangle her fingers with mine for comfort. " You don't have to go further if you don't want to", she said. "No, I need to tell you this". She nodded slowly with a look of pitty on her face. "Few days before I planned to propose to her, I got a call saying that she's been in an accident. I rushed towards the hospital after asking the anonymous caller where she is. When I got there, it was already too late. They said a crazy patient stabbed her in the heart with a needle. She was gone". Reign had tears coming out of her eyes but she pretended like they weren't there. I wiped them with my thumb and cupped her cheek. " Don't be sad. I was a mess for an entire year after she died until my parents and sisters helped me out of that depression and got me to live again. If it wasn't for them, I would not have been able to tell you all of this without crying". I could see that she's too emotional to speak. She placed her forehead against mine. " I will never try to replace her, but I hope I don't remind you of her", she whispered. I pulled back to look deep into her eyes. " Baby when I look at you, all I see is you. Not her. She will always have a place in my heart, but you mean something to me all on your own. So don't ever think that you're a reminder of her okay? I love you". She broke out in tears and started to cry loudly. "I...I love you too", she uttered between tears. I engulfed her in a hug as she cried on my shoulder. I petted her head by rubbing it smoothly and drawing circles on her back.

She started to calm down and we just embraced the silence and each other's company for a few minutes. "You called me baby", she whispered and looked at me with a giddy smile on her face and blotchy eyes of all the crying. "Well yeah...is that okay?" I asked nervously and scratched the back of my head. She giggled. "Ofcourse it's okay...Baby", she said shyly and wiggled her eyebrows which made me laugh. This woman really is one beautiful work of art. "On a serious note, I'm glad you told me". I gave her a genuine smile. "Me too...do you wanna take a jump into the lake with me?". She got her thinking face on. "I don't have anything to swim in", she responded. I couldn't help but smirk. "Then I guess skinny dipping is our only option". Supprisingly she started smirking as well. "On one condition". This took an interesting turn. "Name it". Her cheeks started to redden. "Will you be my boyfriend?". She has no idea how those words just made me squel like a girl from inside. "Yes, it'll be an honor ", she giggled at my dramatic response. We hopped out of the car, undressed and ran hand in hand into the river as an official couple.

We splashed each other with water and played silly games. Then I made my way towards her as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "I'm utterly inlove with you Akieno Soma". I smiled brightly at her. "As am I with you Reign Andrews".

____

They are finally an official couple 🤧😍 Vote and comment guys💌