Chapter 14

Akieno's POV

After hearing Reign leave the room, I open my eyes. I heard every word she said. She's inlove with me! I wanted to open my eyes that moment and tell her I'm inlove with her as well, but I knew she had more to say. I understand where she's coming from with the situation between her and her boyfriend, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I flip on my back and rub my hand over my face. Last night was amazing. I never expected us arguing would lead to...that. Am I really gonna let this girl go? My mom was right, she really is a gemstone. This is so frustrating! I don't know what to do, but at the same time I know what to do. I'm gonna let her sort out whatever she needs to sort out between her and Blake. Fuck, can't I just take a plane right now and kidnap her to be with me forever? No, that's probably illegal.

I decide to get up and get ready for my flight back to Japan. As I leave the hotel and call a cab to drive me to the airport, my phone rings and it's none other then my mother. "Hey mum, right now isn't a good time", I say as I climb into the cab. "Hey son, what's wrong? You sound upset". She always knew something was wrong with me just by the tone of my voice. " She left mum", I muttered. "Come home son, then we'll talk about it more. I'll keep the ramen ready". She always made my favorite food when I was upset. I sound like a mama's boy but I love that woman. "See you soon mum". After saying our goodbyes, I hung up and relaxed into my seat.

~~~

"Brother Akie is home!", my twin sisters shouted as they ran to hug me. They were 6 years old and had long straight and silky black hair with big round and chubby cheeks. "I missed my little chipmunks", I said as I engulfed them in a tight hug. That was my nickname for them. " We missedted you as well", Hamari said shyly. Her English wasn't so good. " It's missed, not missedted", Amaya corrected her. She was the feisty one. "No its missedted", Hamari retorted back. Amaya just rolled her eyes. "Mums waiting for you, let's go eat some ramen!", Hamari cheered. I laughed as they each grabbed one of my hands and pulled me towards the lounge where mom was.

She was sitting on a chair looking at me expectantly when I entered with the twins. "Mum look who we found" , Amaya said with a big smile on her face. Mom faked being supprised. "How on earth did you find him?", she asked them. "He fell out of no where on our doorstep", Hamari said with a serious tone, she actually believed what she was saying, which made me and mum laugh. "Okay girls, go play while me and Akie talk about why he fell on our doorstep then I'll call you later for ramen". They nodded their heads and started chasing each other down the hall. I sat across from mom. She gave me a knowing look. "Let's talk son".

After explaining everything that happened between me and Reign to my mom, she leaned back into her chair. "Wow son, you two really fell for each other in such a small amount of time. I haven't heard you talk about a girl like this ever since Nina", she said. "I'm hooked mum, and ontop of everything, she doesn't remind me of Nina. Reign means something to me all on her own. Honestly, I never thought I could ever get over Nina even though it has been 4 years of her being gone". Mom placed her hand in mine that was on the table. " I can't tell you what to do son, but I can tell you that she was right. If you guys are meant for each other, you will find each other again. Did you at least get her number?" My eyes went wide. "Shit how could I not think of that! I'm so stupid", I shouted. Mom just shook her head with an amused expression on her face. "Whose stupid?", my dad asked as he came in. Judging from the suit he had on he was coming back from work. "Oh, just your son", mom responded". Dad laughed. "Oh ,that's old news already". They laughed and hugged each other. "Wow, what a way to motivate your kid", I sarcastically commented as they started kissing. "And that's my sign to leave", I said but they didn't even hear me.

I made my way up to the balcony and sat down on the bench. Ofcourse all I'm thinking about is nobody other then Reign.

___

Vote and comment 💌💕