Chapter 28

Reign's POV

~five years later~

"Blow out your candle Akiena", I tell her as she blows that number 5 candle with all her might. Everyone laughs and cheers. Relatives starts taking pictures with her. I watch Miyako hugging the life out of Akiena before taking a picture with her and laugh to myself. She loves that little munchkin.

"Nice theme", I hear Hisoka say as he shows up next to me. "Yeah, her obsession with naruto is getting out of hand", I say as I look around the room that's filled with naruto character banners, balloons, cups, plates, you name it and it's naruto. We share a laugh. "She definitely gets that anime love part from her father", I say. "I agree. He used to have his bedroom filled with anime posters and gadgets". That sounds like him. "Mum!", Akiena calls me. "Duty calls", I say to Hisoka and make my way towards her, sitting beside her presents in her naruto costume.

"Yes Munchkin?". She eyes the present I've been keeping away from her for a whole week. "Can I open it now?". Her big, blue doe eyes looks into my soul, begging me for a yes. "Okay, go ahead". She cheers and starts ripping the paper off. She screams when she finally sees what it is. "You the bestest mum ever!" She shouts and flings her arms around my neck. I laugh at her dramaticness and hug her tiny body back. In the box is a headband with the leaf symbol on like the one Sakura wears in Naruto. I put it on her head with her pitch black hair hanging lose at the back.

"I wish dad could see all of this and my cool outfit", she says as a sad look comes over her face. I cup her cheek. "Hey, he is seeing every detail of it. His watching you from heaven right now Munchkin, and I'm sure his pretty jealous over that outfit", I playfully comment. She starts smiling. "Wanna know a secret?" Her eyes lits up at my words and she nods. "Your dad couldn't wait to have a baby girl. He was hoping you'll be just like me and look like me, but you know what?", she scrunched her face in confusion. "What?", she asked. "You are exactly like your dad, inside and out". Her cute smile breaks through as she hugs me again. "I love you Mum", she says and runs towards Hamari and Amaya.

~~~

"Thanks for coming guys", I say to the last guests that's heading home. The house is a mess. Looks like its cleaning up time. I clean the lounge and just as I'm about to fill the dishwasher, I realize that Akiena is extremely quiet. I make my way towards her room and find her playing with her new toys. I watch her jump on her bed, quoting lines from, you guessed it , from Naruto. "Okay Missy, time to bath ", I say and walk into her room. She bounces into a sitting position. "Mom, 5 more minutes please?", she yarns. I shake my head in amusement as I scoot her up and carry her into the bathroom. I don't let her play in the water for too long seeing that she's tired. After putting on her pjs, I tuck her in.

"Did you have fun today Baby?", I asked her. She yarns. "The bestest time ever", she yarns again. That's her favorite word. I switch her night light on. "I'm glad you had fun munchkin". She doesn't respond as she drifted off to sleep. I run my hand through her hair. " You really would've been a daddy's girl", I say to myself and chuckle. " Thank you for giving her to me Akieno. I see you in her every day". I whisper to myself. After Mike's visit, I didn't know what to do with all that money. So I decided to invest it into the animation company Akie worked at and I've been getting a regular salary every month ever since.

Aunt Tilly and uncle Henry visits once a month. They adore Akiena. She's really blessed to have a lot of people care so deeply for her. Miyako and Hisoka wants her sleeping over every other weekend and the twins are her best friends.

I get up from Akiena's bed and as I head out of the room, I think to myself. I would've never known real love, had Akiena, find a family that loves me or have this life, if it wasn't for the guy I bumped into in the hallway at Paris.

~the end~