This "Deranged Lassie"

This is a rare treat for y'all. A chapter in Malini's perspective (First Person P.O.V.)

The local police wasn't doing anything.

My son was captured! 

And I paid them 3 million dollars!

What a scam. Searching around houses and turning on that stupid red and blue light thing won't help!

Sure maybe they were doing more work than Uravshi who just kept dancing, but still, Officer Subala and the chief just seemed to be bossing people around. I just don't understand. My son was captured, and they're not doing anything.

Aiden, my Ace-Cakes, was my life. He helped me get through the divorce, and he made me happy. I would have no reason to live if it wasn't for him.

I strummed my guitar, absolutley not knowing what I was doing, just trying to keep my hands from shaking all over the place.

I tried getting a cup of water, but I dropped it half way because of my super shaky hands. So much for the title of "Eternal Grace."

It fell with a tinker and a wet feeling creeping on my slippers. I gave a soft shriek before sighing and cleaning it back up again.

I always felt like Aiden's disappearance was my fault.

If only I hadn't been famous. Then I wouldn't have so much of those lunatic fans. If only if I didn't have a reckless heart. Then I wouldn't have to experience heartbreak and drag Aiden into my misery along with me. If only I hadn't done those things, he'd probably still be here.

I did once tell Urvashi this, about my worries and my faults, but all she said was, "It isn't your fault."

It is. Yet nobody will believe me.

It was my fault. I worked for a secret group. The leader whose code name was the Sleeper.

Ever since I gained my popularity, I got kicked out, and by that time, I already had Aiden.

I lost all my skills.

I lost my husband.

And know I lost my son.

Maybe I shouldn't have danced with Urvashi who kept uploading the videos on Tik-Tok. Then nobody's life would be in danger.

Right?

Then I heard a loud knock. 

"Is this Malini?" a booming voice asked.

I rushed to the door, opening it only to see a man resembling a monkey. I blinked. "Is this about my son?"

"Yes and no," the man said. Then he took out his hand. "My name is Hanuman. Nice to meet you."

I hurriedly shook his hand. "What about my son?"

Hanuman paused and chewed on particularly nothing. "We believe his disappearance has something to do with a man named the Sleeper?"

I took in a quick gasp. My former boss, kidnapped my son. No.

"We will have to find some other leads," Hanuman continued. "The "Sleeper" is a very unusual name. Unless, you know of any?"

"No," I lied, tapping in my amazing acting skills.

"Yet we do know that the Sleeper apparently has 2 sons," Hanuman said. Then looked up at the sky and suddenly shook his head. "No, he was two daughters."

"Geez, stop confusing her!" a very familliar voice called from behind.

"Urvashi! How much times have I told you not to interrupt my conversations!" Hanuman barked, looking like an enraged monkey.

"Hi," I began, trying to speak up for myself before Urvashi interrupted me.

"Who your having a 'conversation' with is my cousin!" Urvashi shot back, whipping her ultra long braid around. "She deserves to now more than just, there's this person named Sleeper, he was kids, blah, blah, blah. Honestly, strike up better conversations."

Hanuman scowled before turning around to face me. "Sorry for this deranged lassie but-"

"What she says is all true," I interrupted, shoving one of my expensive grandeur jackets on. It was getting chilly with the door always open.

Hanuman glared a monkey-ish glare at me and Urvashi before leaving for good.

Urvashi smiled and stepped into the house and hugged me. "I know your probably crying your insides out, but hold it in today because I have a person you should meet."

I gulped, ready for a surprise, really hoping it would be Aiden, but instead, it was a small girl with braided hair and obviously looked a tad bit more fancier than more people should be.

"Meet Sheela. She'll be your therapist," Urvashi said, waving her hands around the small girl.

"Therapist?" I asked, narrowing my eyes toward Sheela.

"We just agreed-"

Sheela glared at Urvashi.

"Fine, I agreed to send a therapist for you and this young lady was the only one available," Urvashi said.

"With what?"

"Your mental condition."

I suddenly grew enraged. "Oh please! Why do I need a therapist for a stupid kidnapping! I'm not affected.

Urvashi raised her eye. "Stupid kidnapping? That same kidnapping that included your son? The same kidnapping which made you bawl your eyes out for 2 weeks?"

I tried saying a retort of some kind, but nothing came out. I found myself crying on the floor again, in front of Sheela who was staying very still and Urvashi hugging me for the hundredth time of the week.

"Never mind," I said, wiping the tears off with my pointer finger. "I'm not fine. Thanks for concerning your worries of how I'm not fine, but I'm fine enough to be on my own."

"You said that when your husband divorced you," Urvashi said, bringing up a point.

I sniffed. "Fine."

The Sheela girl smiled, flashing her icy blue eyes and stepped in front of me and held out her hand.