Intelligence

Aiden was losing his mind as he walked around the house.

He almost stepped on a knife but it was okay because he noticed the shiny gleam through the darkness in the house.

He, being the good person he was, picked it up and placed it on the kitchen table. Or was it a chair? He couldn't tell.

Then, Aiden saw cockroach. He had a fair share of cockroaches in his life already and this one bug was bothering him a lot.

So he killed it.

To repay his kindness, he decided to pester Aru as an award.

"Get out," Aru demanded when he peaked into the room she was in which was strangely very neat compared to the rest of the house.

"Um, okay," Aiden said, scanning for a slightly messy spot in the room which he could not find. "Good-bye."

"Scram," Aru yelled which sounded a bit more polite than how she usually would've done it.

Aiden left but got bored and returned. There really wasn't anything that you could've done there in the house except pull a prank on someone and he didn't really do those type of things.

"Hello, I'm bored," Aiden moaned.

"Too bad," Aru answered. She was busying herself with what seemed to be jotting something down, then crumpling it and uncrumpling it.

Aiden sighed and reluctantly walked back to where he was in the first place which was that closet that was too tiny for him.

"Go outside or something!" Aru called out. Then there was a silence that was interrupted by some paper ripping. 

"Actually?" Aiden asked aloud.

"If you wore a mask and sunglasses, plus adding some other safety measures there, then sure," Aru answered.

"Hell yeah," Aiden exclaimed. He couldn't wait to get out of this suffocating house.

"But!" Aru called out. "If you reveal my identity, I will kill you."

"Okay, okay," Aiden said.

Aru tossed him a few things to let him wear and then he was set and left the house to buy groceries that Aru requested. 

Aiden walked down the path to the closest store which he remebered as a traumatic experience when he was a kid ever since a employee there kept following him when he just wanted a lollipop.

No one would recognize him anyway so he was good this time, probably.

Aiden stepped in and immediately grabbed an Oreo packet he saw at first glance.

Aiden didn't really have a list, it was more of him just trying to memorize what Aru told him to get. He wasn't sure if he could even get all the things she requested with just 10 dollars but it was good to try.

As soon as he was finished getting everything, he put a pair of slippers back on the shelf because that was very pricey and was not affordable for under 10 dollars.

The cashier was silent the whole time and did not mind the fact that he looked like very secretive.

Aiden grabbed the things and walked out. His sunglasses slipped off for a second but he replaced it. Then his mask almost fell off his face but he caught it quick enough.

He glanced to the direction of Brynne's house and sighed. That was in the past. As long as he made it alive, everything would be okay.

Aiden knocked on the door who was greeted with Aru who grumpily took the bag and closed the door when he got in.

"Where's the slippers?" Aru demanded. "I asked for slippers."

Aiden, who was still struggling to get his shoes off, replied, "They were too expensive."

"How expensive could they be?" Aru said annoyed.

"More than ten dollars."

"You could've afforded to buy that!" Aru complained.

"You only gave me ten dollars," Aiden countered.

Aru paused for a second with a frowny face to comprehend what just happened. "I didn't give you fifteen?"

"Fifteen isn't even enough for a pair of slippers," Aiden answered. Then under his breath he said, "Idiot."

"Hey!" Aru yelled. "I am intelligent!"

"Can you count money?" Aiden asked.

"I can! I just didn't check my wallet when I gave you it!" Aru complained.

"Right."

"I'm so smart, I know how to set you free!" Aru replied.

"Wait, now?"

Aru rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Wait! Elaborate on what you said," Aiden said.

Aru stuck out her tongue and kept walking away.

Aiden frowned and made himself walk to the suffocating cabinet.

He looked around and started reminiscing the days when he used to be stuck to a chair having his legs and arms start sleeping as well. Now his body was free to move, just not outside. He was still trapped. 

Aiden remembered Aru's promise, as long as he didn't rat her out, he would be free. For how long, he didn't know, but because Aru found a way, it shouldn't be that long. At least, that's what he thought. 

All he needed was patience. Then everything would be okay.