The Story About Cockroaches & Oreos

Aru panicked. AIDEN WAS SUPPOSED TO HIDE!!!

Then again, there wasn't much space to hide without getting overrun with cockroaches and succesfully avoiding the cops for a short amount of time.

So this was why her 'dad' taught her the art of lying with a presentation that lasted for 10 hours.

To avoid getting caught.

Granted, she was an excellent liar. If you asked her if she had a car when she really didn't, Aru would make up some story about attending the Oprah Winfrey show when Oprah happened to yell: "You get a car, and you get a car and EVERYBODY GETS A CAR!"

However, in this particular situation, she only could think of one lie that could convince Boo to leave if he was stupid enough. She did not want to do it because it included lots of things that kids under 12 should not see.

Then again, nobody was under 12 in this room.

Aru still didn't want to do it anyway, so she tried waiting and thinking of something else before she faced crisis.

Aiden stood up brushing off fake dust on his clothes and he acted self-concious of himself.

Boo narrowed his eyes for the hundredth time. "You are?"

"A-" Aiden began.

"Acne," Aru finished for him which earned a glare from Aiden. Really, Aru was starting to feel bad for him because he was getting fed for a minute and he had to chew with the rag. Still, that didn't equal the wrath of the 'cheap' kombucha Aru experienced for months.

Boo cocked his head like a curious pigeon. "Why is he in your room?"

"Uh," Aru said. "First of all, this is my house. Not my room. Second of all-"

"Yes, yes, yes," Boo clucked. "But why is this particular boy in here?"

Aru tried opening her mouth. Instead Aiden spoke up.

"I'm a cleaning service," he said, hastily grabbing a rag and swatting it at the nearby cockroaches. "They're all over the place, honestly."

That was a much better lie than what Aru came up with, and she was glad she didn't have to use it.

That didn't seem to ease Boo's suspision's though because he started bombarding them with questions.

"Have you ever heard of the recent kidnapping?

"Are you related to a person named the Sleeper?"

"How did you let cockroaches  in your house and you never noticed them?!"

Aru opened her mouth, forming a perfect lie. "Even cockroaches have a life. It'd be cruel to smoosh them into bits."

Boo coughed. "Then why the cleaning service?"

Aru looked back at Aiden who was helplessly swatting the cockroaches with some liquid soap and towels. 

"Oh, the cockroaches have been being mean to me," Aru pouted, trying to make her best upset face which would probably make Kara laugh.

Kara. In fact, Aru hadn't seen Kara in a few months. Aru wondered how she was doing and she started entering in her own fantasy until Boo's snappy voice woke her back up.

"Ungrateful cockroaches!" Boo said. "How did they be mean to you?"

"They stole my Oreos!"

Boo gasped with so much force, Aru wondered if it broke his lungs. "Not the Oreos!"

"Yes the Oreos!"

Soon enough, Boo yelled at the cockroaches for a bit before leaving and grumbling about someone named 'Malini' who Aru was pretty sure was Aiden's mom.

After the cop finally left and pulled his car out of the driveway, Aru faced Aiden who was still trying to get rid of one particular insect on the table.

"You can stop now," Aru said.

Aiden looked up which just made Aru stare. It wasn't like she hadn't seem him before. It was just that she never really payed attention to his face.

"Hello?" Aiden asked.

Aru jumped to alert by glaring at him. She definetely noticed when he was slowly creeping towards the door.

"HEY!" Aru yelled, taking a knife in her hand, gripping it hard. "Don't even think about leaving."

"I-"

Then Aru realized there was that camera on the floor to after she threw it out of the way.

"Don't think about touching that thing too," she said, stepping on it.

"But-"

Aru glared even more. "I'm so sorry to say this, but your a prisoner, so, I have to re-tie the rope around you again.

Aiden growled.

Aru just shrugged. "Hope you know I have experience fighting."

"But why?"

"What?" Aru asked, thoroughly confused. She then scratched her hand because she was starting to feel fidgety.

"Why do you do this?" Aiden said, looking straight toward her.

"Do what?"

"This."

"Kidnapping?"

Aiden nodded.

Aru shrugged. "My dad says so. And, you know that movie Rapunzel where they say mother knows best but it turns out that the mother was a greedy and self-loating person? That's why I can't say mother knows best."

"Why are you like this, Shah?" Aiden asked, ruffling his hand through his hair.

"Shah?"

"Isn't that your name?" Aiden asked.

Aru just sighed. "Well, I have to knock you out cold again."

"Wait-"

Aru punched him.