He's Back

"Well, what do you want to say to ease your heart?" Sheela asked her patient of the day, also known as Malini.

She stayed quiet. Sheela plastered on a smile and touched her hand, "I don't mind the fact that your hiding emotions, but overtime, they're going to build up and destroy you." When Sheela said that, she couldn't help but think about the cavity in her tooth. Plague was building up and destroying her because it hurt to chew.

"I already ordered people to plant his grave," she said solemnly. 

"It's okay, he's still alive in our hearts," Sheela answered. Then she punched herself mentally because that sounded very cliche and Sheela wasn't like that. She took inspiration from other people, not copying word for word.

"I know," Malini said. "But nothing in the world can make the dead come back."

"What if he isn't dead?" Sheela asked. "Believe in that, we don't know the specifics."

"That's exactly why I gave up," Malini responded. She then sighed. "There's too much possibilities, my mind would explode."

"Oh."

"Yeah, I know," Malini said.

There was silence for a few minutes which made Sheela think we're that guy actually went. Then her mind wandered of to the point where she thought that guy was on the streets on New York begging for spare change. Sheela shook that thought away.

"I think I want to end this session early."

"You think? Or are you sure," Sheela said. Then she silently whispered to herself, "Like Aiden, is he dead?"

"I think so," Malini said. Sheela didn't know if she heard her whisper and if she was answering it or not.

"So shall we continue for a minute before you make up you mind?" Sheela asked.

"I can allow that."

Sheela probably should've asked a question right then and there, except she kept quiet and let Malini think about whatever she was thinking while Sheela was reminiscing the pasta she ate earlier and how someone squirted a lemon on it which she hated.

"Thank you for your time, can I leave now?" Malini asked.

"Sure," Sheela said, gesturing to the door. "Nothing stopping you."

"Thank you," she said breathlessly as her phone began ringing. She picked it up. "Brynne?"

Sheela's ears perked up.

"What?"

"What do you mean?"

"Really?"

"I don't believe you."

"What?"

"No wait, actually?"

"Put him on the phone."

Listening to the one sided converesation, Sheela only thought of one thing, some person stole some money and Brynne caught the culprit. Then she though not because Malini started tearing up.

"I'm coming right now."

That's when Sheela knew that they were talking about Aiden. He was back and alive. Sheela, being the person she was, looked online to see any articles. None. Then she looked at Malini who looked like she wanted to throw-up rainbows which she did not actually want to happen, but it would be a cool experience.

Malini shoved her phone into her bag while Sheela watched her frantically pick up the things she dropped when she shoved her phone in.

"May I ask what that was?" Sheela asked, looking for confirmation.

"Aiden's back!" Malini squealed. Then she ran out the door.

"Okay," Sheela said to herself, "How eventful."

Sheela decided to tell Nikita of this. To conclude the conversation, Nikita didn't believe her. Who would? Nobody, until they actually saw his face in real time.

Sheela spun herself around her wheelychair and rolled to her computer. She searched up Malini on the search engine. Some of the articles were about her amazingness and blah, blah, blah, but the top one was about her son. None of them were about Aiden's appearance. Sheela hoped it stayed that way because then he would be bombarded with paparrazi. Sheela was never in that much spotlight before, but she could tell which people like it or hated it. Sheela summed up that Aiden hated it.

Sheela grabbed her backpack and left to grab a taxi to barge into whatever Nikita was doing.

She stared out the window and watched the birds flying and the trees regrowing their leaves.

Then she marched into Nikita's office. "You don't believe me?"

Nikita, who was previously filing her nails, jumped a bit at Sheela's sudden appearance. "What are you doing here?"

"He's back!" Sheela said. "Aiden! He's back. Now I want you to keep quiet, okay, trust me on this."

"That all you came to tell me?" Nikita said, picking up her file and continuing on filing her nails.

"Like what?"

"That you love me?" Nikita said, staring at Sheela's shocked expression. Then Nikita burst out laughing which scared Sheela for a sec.

"Okay, okay. I will keep it a secret, probably because I don't believe you anyways," Nikita said.

Sheela gave her the stink eye. No one would believe her. But then again, if no one believed her, there would be no one to post those rumors. Well, there certainly would be articles about his appearance, but not that quickly. Sheela scolded herself for even stepping foot onto Nikita's work place.

"This was a waste of my time," Sheela blurted. "Good bye."

"What?"