Story behind it all

Hyunjin's POV

Silence completely subjugating the room, the ink black walls absorbing every little ray of light that was coming through the shattered glass of the roof windows and the floor utterly covered in dry and fresh blood.

All that was in sight, was an entirely annihilated person who seemed to be unconscious. Their face was destroyed and filled with bleeding wounds, their hands enveloped with freshly made cuts and their clothes ripped and bloodstained. It was honestly a disgusting sight.

I was done with them. I put my dagger in my knife case that was attached to my pants and turned around, exiting the demolished building within a second.

• • •

"Can i come in?" I heard a knock on the door of my office. I guessed who it was by his idiosyncrasy. It was Han Jisung.

"Yes" i bluntly responded, busy by searching through some paperwork.
The door opened, revealing a boy slightly shorter than me.

"How's it going boss?" He sat down, opposite of me and cracked a big smile.
I raised my head and stopped what i was doing, eyeing him up and down.

"Tell me." I resumed what i was doing.

"Tell you wh-"

"I know you want something. Tell me, im busy."

"Oh! Y-yeah sorry." He breathed out an awkward laugh and intertwined his hands together.

"Caaaan I havee a um.. uh" he contemplated on saying it. He started scratching his leg nervously.

"Take a day off? Yes"
I finished his question for him. He looked at me surprised with wide and big eyes.

"Really?! Thank you so much!" His eyes shimmered in excitement. I just nodded, unbothered by his childish behavior.

"We'll talk tomorrow. I have some things to finish. Have fun and don't forget for our meeting tomorrow." I recalled, getting up and walking over to a tall wooden cabinet with small but elegant curved details. I opened it, laying bare all kinds of weapons like pistols, guns, tiny to prodigious knifes, daggers, cleavers, axes, grenades and so on.

I procured everything i needed and got closer to Han, who was now ready to exit the door.
"I won't forget! And good luck with your mission." He exclaimed, running down the empty hallway enthusiastically.

I simply sighed and followed his direction, entering the elevator after a few minutes. I walked around for a while, seeing allies train in the archery section or practicing gun skills.

After a bit I stepped out of the building and entered the black Toyota car that was waiting for me, along with one of a member of my group. Seo Changbin. My greatest fist fighter.

"Sup' boss" he said as he stepped into the driver's seat.

"Very well, you?" I joined him, sitting on the backseat, letting him know that we are ready to leave.

"Ah, difficult times." He sighed, pressing his mouth into a line. I peered at him, my gaze still focused on the view outside the car window.

"And why's that?"

"The mission, boss. It all went downhill. The target escaped and i was unconscious! I'm really sor-"

"Don't worry. Ill have it covered tonight." He quietly sighed, feeling a bit relaxed.

"Be careful then. They are a tricky opponent."

"Cant be that difficult." I smiled assertively, loosing my necktie. "Drop me off here. Ill walk the rest of the way."