Unforeseen rivalry

Ni-ki's POV

"Sir we found them."

I looked up from my tangled hands.

"Names." I bluntly said.

He searched through his paperwork until he finally ticked something on the paper.

"Han Jisung and umm.." his eyes wandered around the paper.

"Lee Felix. Agents went through everything and seems like they have been showing signs of closeness and even collaboration with Mr. Leeknow and Mr. Hyunjin." I nodded and got up, pushing the chair along.

'Felix huh? Didnt expect you to be interested in Mr. Hyunjin. Guess that bastard won't mind if i borrowed you for a little. Leeknow must not mind either.'

"Bring them here. Now."

They nodded and were about to exit

"One more thing. Dont kill Leeknow. I want him to see his little lover suffer. The same goes for Hyunjin."

They then again nodded and left.

• • • • •

Chan's POV

"Do you think they will try to do anything to us?"

I was taken aback from the sudden question and looked at him puzzled.

"Who? Ni-ki?"
Jeongin only nodded, his nervous aura being able to be discerned without a single effort.

"Relax. How could he betray his allies."

"I mean, after what he probably heard i dont think we are.. ehem... allies anymore."
I pressed my lips in a thin line, beaten by the truth.
Loud alarm noises suddenly started reverberating. Jeongin snapped his head at me confused.

"What the f-"

"GUYS!"

Both of us turned around to face the boy running towards us. Upon looking around, I noticed absolute chaos through the whole building.

"What the hell is going on!?" Felix spoke breathlessly, glancing at us with dismay.

"We should be t-the one asking you.. what is going on??" Jeongin was concerned, looking around in panic by the sudden outburst.

"I-i don't know. The alarms have been going off for a while and about 2 guards were found dead near the access backdoor."

Jeongin and I looked at each other in trepidation, a sudden lump forming on my throat.

"Fuck we forgot to tell you its uh-"

Deafening gunshots echoed through the lobby, dangerously close to us.

"WHAT T-THE HELL" All of us started running completely disoriented.

The place had turned into a battlefield, now invaded by armed forces possibly here to wipe us all out.

We rushed behind a wall and quickly pulled out every weapon we had available.

"Stick with me. We have to find Leeknow immediately." I tried my best to remain calm but the adrenaline from the situation wasn't helping at all. I got up and motioned Felix and Jeongin to follow me.
I pressed my earbud, waiting for it to connect with Leeknow's line.

"Leeknow! Thank god you answ-"

"T-They took him."

I froze on my tracks.

"They took who..?" Both boys behind me frowned and looked at me worriedly.

"Ha-"

Beep...beep...beep...

"Leeknow!? LEEKNOW!" The line was cut off abruptly.

"WE HAVE TO GO CHAN COME ON!!" Jeongin shouted, dragging me towards the ruined and disarrayed hallways.

"LEEKNOW HE- HE SAID-" Both Jeongin and felix turned to look at me.

"HE SAID-"

I blacked out by being bashed in the head, collapsing to the floor. The last thing i heard was someone calling my name before i fell unconscious...

• • • •

(Earlier)

Leeknow's POV

"What the hell do you mean by that."

"S-sir we found them dead. Someone must have broken into."

The sound of multiple guns firing made me shoot up from my seat.

"Go and inform everybody accessible to make sure they terminate the intruders. Now."

"Yes sir." He ran off.

I loaded myself with whatever useful and ran outside the office. Thats when i heard extreme commotion from one of the rooms right around the corner. I dashed towards the room and found the door already kicked down.
3 guards were senseless on the ground. Only 1 was limply leaning on the wall with a bleeding leg and a bullet sprouted in his leg.

The realization hit me when i noticed the injured person was the one i had assigned to protect...

Han...

"Sir I-im s-sor-"

"Where. Is. He."

"They t-took him.."

My heart sank but i wasnt able to react before beeping sounded from my earbud.

"Leeknow! Thank god you answ-"

"T-They took him." I interrupted, my fists so tightly clenched to the point my knuckles turned white.

"They took who..?"

I felt anger rise inside of me.

"Ha-" the line was cut off.
'what the hell?' i cant stay here anymore.

I need to find him.

• • • • •

😘
Words: 763 😕