Glacial trouble

Han's POV

The stentorian jazz music echoed through the whole building along with the vociferous voices of people talking. It was a calm night outside. The sky clear and the wind chilly enough to give you slight shivers. Different smells and aromas of freshly cooked meals lingering around the place and the atmosphere just right.

I had sat down on a table with a red elegant tablecloth covering it but leaving the corners bare, a small candle in the middle and a sumptuous tableware neatly placed.

I sighed as I checked my watch for the millionth time today. I impatiently bit my lip as i looked around, waiting for the perfect time to strike. I calmly got up and unobtrusively walked to the doors of the kitchen.

I scanned my surroundings before entering and quickly slipped in the kitchen. No one noticed me thankfully and i rushed over to hide under a counter. That's when i spotted my target. The head chef.

He was rushing around, scolding the other chefs and carelessly managing the whole situation. I crawled behind a solid steel shelving and waited till it was time.

The chef walked to the huge freezer room and opened the metal door. I gulped, unwanted memories faintly returning to my mind.

I followed behind and was about to grab him when I was pushed with force inside the freezer. The chef didn't seem to acknowledge me nor the unknown person through all this overwhelming anxiety building in him.

He grabbed what he needed and hurriedly turned back around to exit.

The unknown person who was on top of me swiftly got up and stumbled to the door.

"NO WAI-"

And with that the door had closed shut. My breath hitched.

"No.. no NO" I shouted as i ran to the door. My eyes flickered around trying to find something that could open it, but it was pointless.

I got lost in my thoughts for a moment. My body started to tremble. I slowly turned my head to the person's direction. My eyes widened in shock. It was him..

My shocked expression turned into an unreadable one. A demented one that if looks could kill then he would be definitely dead. He looked so.. calm...
That's what made my blood boil.

"Look-"

"YOU BASTARD" I yelled as i charged at him, pushing him to the cold marble ground. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt as i trapped him with in between my knees.

He was a bit taken aback but there was no sign of horror nor panic about our current circumstances.

"WHY.. WHY THE HELL D-DID YOU DO THAT" The frozen air entering my lungs made it hard for me to breathe properly. He frowned, surprised by my outburst.

"Calm down would ya!? Keep yelling and nothing will happen!!" He refuted.

My grip loosened and i fell back, landing on my butt.

"I-I didn't know he wouldn't notice us!" He exclaimed irately, feeling the shivers from the cold.

I leaned my back against the wall. Terrible memories coming back from the pits of my drowsy head.

Flashbacks...

"N-NO PLEASE MOTHER!!" My 12 year old self screamed horrified. I was being dragged by my father. My mother didn't even care. No pity for her own son. Nothing. Hot tears were streaming down my tumefied face from all the crying. I tried my best to escape my father's tight grasp but i couldn't do anything. I was weak.