TWELVE

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

OUTFIT INSPO. if not liked then
imagine something else
»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

Practice was more rigorous than the Sea Lions were ultimately used to. Gloria had Joshua and Victor teach us some boxing moves, so they upped the difficulty of the stunts for Sky and Christina and had me dancing a lot more in the front. Joshua said it was a blessing since he could see me dancing more now that we practiced there.

I would admit that whenever it was Victor and Joshua's turn to show us the boxing moves, it was hilarious when we started to dance in between the moves because Victor would dance along with us. Although he would shut Gloria down whenever she tried to convince him to join the team, but Gloria didn't mind, she only asked him to be funny as well.

Standing beside Christina, I laughed quietly when Evan came forward practically pushing us and Sky so he could kiss Lina. "I like you, Lina. I like that you're competitive and stubborn. Because you're talented. And that you're an insanely beautiful klutz. You know, and I like how you brush me off but at the same time you make me feel like you're into it and that maybe I have a chance. You know, and the fact that you think you're so different and out of place here. But in all reality, you're just being yourself. And the way you look at me, I mean, I feel like you actually see me. And most of all, I like that I can be myself around you."

Everyone "oohed" at Evan's word as I rose a brow at his confession, I felt like he could've said all of this in private but if it made Lina feel better than how she was previously feeling on her stance with Evan then I guess.

"Everybody got that?"

"Yeah, I got that!" Fred responded to Evan as he and George put their phones away.

George nodded beside his brother, "We heard every word."

"We're putting it on YouTube!" They said in unison as I laughed at their antics.

Evan told Lina that now it was all on her before he left with a smile, pulling his friends along. He got stopped by Avery who tried to ask him what he was doing but she didn't get much in response causing me to snort.

"Well that was a grand gesture wasn't it?" I asked with a teasing smirk as Lina playfully pushed me away from her with a giggle.

Lina smirked as she decided to tease me in return, "Don't make me tell Joshua to do something dramatic!"

"He wouldn't do it." I shrugged smugly but Lina gave me a look that made me rethink it, "Wait stop! You think Joshua would actually do something like that? Please don't."

I cringed at the idea of so much attention being put on me pulling a face causing Lina to laugh loudly as she pulled on my arm to walk to class.

When we headed into Art class, I assume Lina could still see the weirded out look on my face because when I turned to look at her from my seat beside her, she was grinning into the palm of her hand.

Christina almost laughed from her seat in front of me, "What's wrong Vanessa? Can't handle a huge gesture?" The tables were grouped with four people seated at each one. Our table was Lina, Christina, Sky and I, we had added two more desks when Gloria and Trey were here.

I refrained from rolling my eyes at their antics, "I can handle it. It's the attention from a bunch of other people that would weird me out."

"Okay, what's the big deal?" Sky placed her hands on her hips after putting the art materials in the middle of the four desks. She couldn't understand what was wrong with the fact that I just simply didn't like grand gestures, I could see that she thought that I didn't like them when it came to others but I don't think she even understood that it wasn't the grand gestures that I disliked, it was the idea of me being pressured into something because of one with a lot of people witnessing. It was just weird, plain and gross. "You know you have to get rid of this fear of yours?"

I glanced at her with a deadpanned expression, "Try me." Lina and Christina smiled slightly at the drop dead serious tone that I had wore on my features before Sky rolled her eyes in amusement.

"I will, I'll seriously ask Gloria and Victor for help too." Sky continued as I sighed in exaggeration.

I sent her another look as she raised her hands in mock surrender before sitting down, "I'm just saying, you've had this dislike and always made this face after a grand gesture since you were nine. Remember when James made a huge gesture to ask me to our middle school dance? You were so creeped out and the situation became worse when Peter tried to ask you. It was hilarious because you went with Remus who asked you in private with a chocolate bar. So, I think you just need an amazing grand gesture to turn this all around."

Leaning over the tables, I pat the sides of her cheeks and start to stand up so I could grab the portraits we'd be drawing on for the group, "I will seriously run away. But to be fair, Remus was cute, and Peter wasn't, he weirded me out in general." Leaving, I was left unaware of how the conversation continued on the same topic even with me gone.

"Operation Vanessa needs a grand gesture?" Sky asked, crossing her arms as the two other girls' glance at her in acknowledgment. "She needs to see that it isn't so bad being on the receiving end of a grand gesture."

"Hell yes!" Lina exclaimed as Christina tried to shush her when she noticed me coming back to the table, "What? Oh!" 

Placing the portraits in the middle, I glanced at the three with a grin, "So what are we drawing then? I'm thinking that I should do a remake of Rose and Jack and make it instead to two cartoon characters, hopefully might make Mrs. Sinistra mad because she's been annoying me this past week."