galaxy projector

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

☁️

he pops open the little compartment, putting the small piece of plastic down on his desk and picking up the lamp. he sees the empty battery slot and rolls his eyes to himself, putting it back down on the desk and pushing his chair back to stand up.

"where are you going?"

sapnap doesn't turn back to the voice, continuing the venture across his room as he answers, "i just need batteries."

he receives an understanding hum in response, but the noise is crackly and cuts off slightly at the end.

the ravenette stops below his shelf, reaching up to grab at the box that he kept his batteries and such in. just out of reach, he pushes up onto his tiptoes and then, humility aside, he hops just slightly to try and grip his fingers on the edge. sapnap silently curses himself for having his shelves so high up.

failing to grab it, sapnap jumps again, his fingers just gracing the box edge before he loses hold again.

behind him, sapnap can hear the quiet noise of a teasing giggle, one that he imagines the blond is trying to keep in, but failing.

sapnap sighs, accepting defeat and crossing the room back to his desk to grab his gaming chair, dragging it back across the space with him. embarrassed, he climbs up onto the chair, easily getting the batteries down and popping out the two doubles a's that he needed before putting the rest back in their respective place.

he climbs back off of the chair.

"i bet i could've reached them."

sapnap rolls his eyes, biting back a smile as he drags the chair back across the room. "okay, you tall fuck," he mumbles, taking a seat back at his desk.

punz laughs brightly over the facetime call, and sapnap can't help but smile to himself at the sound he's grown to love so dearly.

the ravenette slides the batteries into the lamp, having to take them out because he put them in the wrong way, before clicking the plastic cover back over the little compartment and searching back through the box to take out the remote.

"what's that?" punz asks, the facetime frame just slightly cutting off what it is that sapnap is fiddling around with.

"nothing," the ravenette mumbles dismissively. sapnap presses the bottom that switches the lamp on, seeing the bulb light up. with his bedroom light on, you couldn't really see it all too well, but he could tell from the bulb that it was blue and green.

sapnap glances over at the facetime call to see punz curled up in bed, his phone leaning up on the bedside cabinet. the blond boy seems to be doing nothing except watch the call, which in itself is enough to make sapnap's cheeks warm up.

sapnap sees that punz's room is drowned in red and blue, making it look purple, and it lacks completely the little green stars that his own projector is illuminating.

the ravenette changes his lamp settings to match punz's before getting up to flick off his bedroom light.

the room is enveloped in darkness, the only light now being that from the galaxy projector he had just bought, illuminating the room in moving colours that almost make sapnap feel like he's underwater.