shattered glass

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

☁️

george wakes up to the sound of his phone ringing throughout the room, causing the brit to groan loudly, sighing to himself as he rolled over to grab for the mobile.

eyes still shut, he gets a grip on it, bringing it up to his ear and tapping blindly until he eventually manages to hit the answer button. he forces out a tired, expectant hum.

"hey george," a familiar voice cuts loudly through the call. "sorry, did i wake you up?"

"yeah," george mutters, letting his eyes slowly blink open, taking in the dark room around him. "but 's fine."

"that's my bad for not checking timezones first," george hears the brunette respond. "what time is it there?"

george pulls the phone away from his ear to check the time, laying the device practically on his cheek as he answers, "five pm."

"what, like, in the afternoon?" wilbur questions, earning a muffled hum in response. "why are you still asleep at five, george?" he asks with a worried laugh.

"i don't know," george answers dismissively. "i was tired when i woke up so i just went back to bed," he says.

"george," wilbur speaks quietly, tone almost disappointed. "you're sleeping... a lot," he speaks worriedly, "it really isn't healthy."

"yeah, yeah," george waves off. "why did you call?"

wilbur sighs, sounding far too upset for something so unimportant. "i was just checking up on you," he says, "it's been a few days since we last spoke."

"oh, i'm fine."

"are you sure?"

george hums affirmatively. "yeah i'm all good."

"have you eaten and stuff today?" the brunette checks, and george can hear him moving about on the other end of the call.

"i just woke up, wil, give me a break," george chuckles light-heartedly, pushing himself to be sat up in the bed.

"okay, well you're awake now, aren't you? so go eat," wilbur practically demands, though still keeping his tone playful.

"i will, i will," george mumbled, kicking the covers off of himself. "not like i could get back to sleep now you've woken me up anyway," he complains.

"good," wilbur hums playfully.

george lets out a disgruntled noise of dismay as he shuffles forward, moving to the edge of his bed and hanging his legs off the side, dissatisfied by the cold floor. "are you streaming later?"

"yeah, i'm building a gaming chair for my home setup since i can't go into the office to stream," he answers. "it's nothing exciting but you're free to join if you wanna keep me company and watch me fail."

"alright, i will," george agrees, "it'll be funny."

wilbur scoffs, sarcastically responding, "thanks for the vote of hope," before adding, "why don't you get up and get ready for the day and then call me back and i'll start stream then?" he suggests.