bacon and eggs

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

☁️

days have passed now since sapnap's dad's passing, and the ravenette has spent all of his time with george.

currently, they're sitting in the kitchen together, sapnap at the island whilst george cooks at the hob.

george knows that sapnap thinks he is only spending time with the ravenette because he feels bad about his dad dying but, selfishly, george is finding comfort in their time together as well.

he's showered more since talking to sapnap than he has in months prior, he hasn't forgotten to brush his teeth, and he's been changing his clothes every day. and, most importantly, he's been spending so much time with sapnap that he hasn't had the opportunity to waste his life sleeping- his previous sixteen hours a night had whittled down to a healthier nine, and he's found himself a lot less tired now.

he feels alive for the first time in months, and although sapnap is hurting, a small part of george is just happy that they're able to make up for lost time.

still, george knew it wouldn't be long until sapnap asked-

"do you hate me?"

george turns away from the hob to look over at the ravenette, leaving the food to sizzle away. sapnap's looking down at the counter, seeming deep in thought.

earnest, he says, "i could never hate you, sapnap."

the younger boy looks up quickly, a sparkle in his eyes when they meet george's. "really?" he questions hopefully.

"really," george confirms. "do you hate me?"

sapnap shakes his head so quickly that george thinks he can hear his brain rattling in his skull.

george smiles, real and genuine, before turning back to the food. he moves the bacon onto the plates with their beans and eggs, leaving all of the spares in the pan but moving it off of the hob to prevent burning, switching it off too. he picks up the two plates, taking them over to the island and sitting down opposite sapnap, giving the other his food in the process.

"thanks," sapnap smiles, picking up the cutlery he'd got out whilst george cooked and starting to poke at his food. "do you hate dream?" he asks quietly, staring down at the eggs as if they had an answer.

"no," george answers honestly, "i don't think i would ever be able to hate either of you, regardless of what you may have done."

sapnap nods, a few moments of thoughtful silence passing before he says, "i couldn't hate either of you, either."

george smiles in response, and they both go back to eating their food.

minutes pass, nothing but quiet eating noises filling the room.

"i've missed you."

george smiles softly, not even bothering to look up as he replies, "i've missed you too."

it feels weird to admit, and in some ways george still feels like the admission will eventually be used against him, but he's teaching himself to trust sapnap again.