waving through a window

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

☁️

"yeah, it was awesome," punz speaks excitedly, voice choppy over the poor quality of his car. "sylvee said it was one of her most successful streams since like, covid 2020," he recalls.

"wow," sapnap hums, "i guess that sort of makes sense, since everyone is trapped inside again."

"yeah, suppose so," punz agrees, followed closely by the familiar ticking sound of the car indicator. "okay, i'm pulling up now."

sapnap groans loudly, slumping back in his chair. "you shouldn't have told me," he complains.

"why not?" the blond boy questions.

"because now i'm so tempted to come out and see you," he admits, sitting up and pushing his chair back out from under his desk.

"don't," punz is quick to scold. "it won't be long now until you can see me properly sap, legally," punz assures, even though the short lockdown had already stretched out to being weeks long and there was no end in sight.

"but i want to see you now," sapnap whines, standing up out of his gaming chair when he hears a door slamming outside. "i miss you so much and you're literally so close."

"i know baby, but if you saw me now it would just be even harder to go on after having a taste of something you can't have," he tries to reason, which sapnap knows is true.

"still," the ravenette mumbles, making his way through the house. "what if i just come out for a quick kiss?" he tries.

"sap, don't," punz speaks, stern, voice accompanied by the familiar crunch of gravel. "people won't be happy and you don't want to risk being charged."

"how would people know?" sapnap questions. "it's not like people are just sitting around at their windows waiting to see someone breaking the rules."

"dream has cameras," punz points out.

"so?" sapnap scoffs, "he'll be pissed enough just over you dropping something off," he argues, "what's wrong with just making that slightly worse? he's always so pissed for no reason."

"i'm sorry sap but we're not breaking regulations," punz refuses, standing his ground like his boyfriend knew he would. "it's only been a few weeks baby, you can hold out a little longer."

sapnap sighs, mumbling, "i know." he hears the car door open and shut again and speed walks the remaining distance to the front door, stepping to the side so he could look out of their window. he catches sight of punz in his car, looking back over his shoulder as he reverses. fondly, he says, "i can see you."

the blond in the car looks over, and they make eye contact through layers of glass, both boys smiling widely. punz waves sporadically, saying, "i can see you too!"

sapnap fails to suppress his blush. "you're so beautiful," he compliments, "i've missed your stupid face."

punz scoffs playfully, looking back once more as he continues to reverse out. "we facetime every day," he points out.