you've got nothing if you don't have hope

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

☁️

george is sitting on the opposite end of the couch from sapnap, watching the ravenette practically buzzing from excitement. the younger boy's knee is bouncing quickly, his eyes strained on the front door.

george can tell he hasn't slept.

the brit sort of wants to go get himself a drink of water, but he's far too focused on intently watching the other. he can't help but worry that his friend's anxiety might be acting up.

of course, he understands that sapnap is excited, but he also knows that all of his emotions may be blossoming into unwanted nerves.

"are you alright?" he asks worriedly.

distantly, gaze unfaltering, sapnap answers, "yeah."

"you seem scared," george observes.

"i am," sapnap confirms, visably swallowing before adding, "a little."

george hates talking about feelings, and he knows he's awkward and tense during genuine conversations, yet he still offers, "do you wanna talk about it?"

the ravenette sighs, his shoulders relaxing just slightly as he looks over at the brit. "i don't know man, i'm just-" he cuts himself off, seemingly thinking, "what if he doesn't like it here?" he worries.

"he will," george immediately assures, "why wouldn't he?"

"what if all the arguments start up again and he can't handle it so he leaves, but like, he leaves me too," he worries, and it's clear that his insecurity is rooted much deeper than in the risk of punz moving in.

"he wouldn't do that sap," george tries to comfort him. "firstly, we're not going to let the arguing get that bad again. secondly, even if we did, punz literally loves you, he won't leave you over an argument you have with your friends. also, he's been experiencing the arguing for like years over facetime, so it's not like it's new to him."

"i know," sapnap nods, his lip slipping between his teeth as he gnaws at the dead skin. "it still makes me anxious though."

george nods understandingly. "is there anything i can do to like, help you relax a bit?"

"i think i need something to like, squeeze," sapnap laughs a little awkwardly.

"what, like a pillow?" the brit offers, holding up a pillow that was on the couch beside him and gesturing it over to ravenette.

"yeah exactly," sapnap nods, taking the cushion and holding it tightly against his chest, putting all his strength into the embrace. his gaze leaves george's, returning to fix on their front door.

"do you want something to eat?" george offers, pretty certain the ravenette hadn't eaten either.

"no thanks," he answers, sounding far away, lost in his head, "i'll throw up if i try to eat now."