their vows

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

☁️

even with his lover on call, sapnap still finds his mind beginning to wander.

even with the comfort of punz's gentle humming and the warmth from his comforter wrapped tightly around him, he still finds his thoughts falling to his dad.

it's been weeks now, and sapnap is still scraping his memories to find something good about the old man. he's sad that he passed, but he finds it hard to understand why that is when he can't even remember them smiling together. how is he so sad over someone who only ever caused him pain?

sapnap's attention shifts immediately when punz suddenly sits up, his soft hums coming to a quick stop as he looks down at his phone with wide eyes.

"sap?"

"yeah?" the ravenette replies, trying not to sound sad as he worries over the cause of punz's sudden reaction.

"i need to go," he speaks quickly, typing something on his phone.

sapnap's brows pinch together, his heartbeat slowing. concerned, he asks, "why? is everything okay?"

punz looks up at the call, and the blonde's previously worried expression quickly falls away when he sees the fear on sapnap's features. he smiles softly, clearly in an attempt to be comforting. "yeah baby, everything's okay," he assures, "it's just karl."

"what happened?" sapnap questions, mind running with possibilities.

punz looks back down at his phone, biting lightly at his bottom lip. "i don't think it's like, bad bad, you know? i think it's just a bad trip but like, not relapse-worthy, or not yet, at least."

"oh, yeah i get you," sapnap nods understandingly against his pillow, "go call him."

"i promise i'll call you back asap, okay sweetheart?" punz says, voice so honest and real that sapnap can't help the warm feeling in his chest.

"yeah, okay," he forces a smile. "i love you."

"i love you more baby," punz replies, making a few dramatic kissy noises before ending the call.

sapnap deflates against his bedsheets, returning back to his previous state of thinking. his gaze fixes on some blank spot on the wall, locking there as he loses his mind to memories once again.

he remembers one time when he and his dad were watching tv, laughing along to the show and having a nice time. sapnap can't even remember what it was they'd been watching now, the memories repressed into his unconscious in some trauma response, but he recalls something to do with superheroes and time travel.

the memories always start well.

then one of the characters went back in time, a man, and he thinks that he ended up in a war. he vaguely remembers a scene with a man being shot, but he thinks he may've made it up. either way, the male character fell in love with another man- that's the key moment.