should i stay or should i go

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

☁️

george glances over at his clock as his eyes gradually adjust to the morning sun peering through his window. the time reads 11am, which is surprising to the brit, since this is the latest he's woken up since that day when sapnap's dad died.

he gets up, not wanting to lounge around for too long since he'd already missed out on a few hours of his day, and makes his way across the hallway and into the bathroom.

he can't hear anyone in the house, and presumes that the others must still be asleep too.

clearly they were all having a lazy morning.

george flips the shower on, not yet getting in since he wants to give the water a minute to warm up. he uses the toilet and brushes his teeth whilst he waits, before then taking his pyjamas off and stepping into the shower.

his 'pyjamas' are actually just a hoodie and some sweatpants, but that isn't the point.

the water is almost too hot when he gets in, but he quickly adjusts to the temperature, making it more bearable. the downpour of water thankfully wakes him up, washing away the previously squinty-eyed haze that he'd been carrying.

the brit doesn't want to be in there for ages, so he gets quickly to work with squeezing some shampoo into his hair.

his shampoo, which he'd put back in the bathroom.

he doesn't even particularly remember how it got back in there, but he noticed it there and decided to leave it- they don't know how long the lockdown will continue to last, so he figured it may as well stay there, at least until he knows when it is that he's going back to england.

he washes the suds out of his hair, feeling the soapy water fall over his shoulders.

george's thoughts move to sapnap, wondering how the ravenette is going to deal with everything when he goes. in the past few weeks, they'd become dependent on each other once more. well, maybe dependent isn't the right word, but they've started being together so often that he thinks it will be weird for them to be apart.

then again, all george has really been is a placeholder for punz, and punz will be here by the time george leaves, so maybe he just won't be needed anymore.

he squeezes some conditioner onto his hands.

for a split second, he thinks about dream, and how he will handle everything when george is gone, but he quickly pushes the thoughts away.

he runs his fingers through his hair, stepping just out of the stream of water to let the conditioner sit for a minute.

dream doesn't need george, anyway, they've still only spoken a few times, and one of those times was 80% cuddling, lacking the communication that they really needed to have.

he washes the conditioner out.

sure, he and dream had hinted at being something else, but they both surely know that that can't happen anytime even remotely soon- not with the years of awful history they have to work around.