what hurts more?

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

☁️

sapnap blinks his eyes open, scrunching them slightly as he adjusts to his surroundings.

he feels so warm all over, comfortable and safe with a dull weight around his waist and his cheek nuzzled up into soft hoodie material.

for a few moments, everything feels alright.

but then the memories of the past few days come crashing back down on him, covering him like rubble and ripping apart his momentary comfort.

despite the safe warmth and his lacking strength, sapnap forces himself to shuffle away from the body he's cuddled up to, moving back away from george, who is wide awake and scrolling on his phone.

the brit looks over as sapnap moves, seemingly surprised that the ravenette is awake, and switches his phone off to ask, "are you okay?"

the ravenette settles down on the free pillow, feeling cold and alone all over again. "yeah," he answers, voice rough, "i'm sorry."

"please don't apologise, sap," george replies, failing to hold back a sympathetic frown as he moves to sit up. "it's okay, genuinely. i needed the rest too," he smiles.

sapnap nods against the pillow, still feeling guilty but not having the energy to argue with the brit. he supposes it's easier to be agreeable.

george, with an unmissable glimmer of hope in his voice, asks, "can i make you breakfast?" and then after a short moment, he adds, "would that be okay?"

"'m not really hungry," sapnap lies.

"please?" george tries, eyes round and soft and pleading, "i can bring it to you here?" he offers.

sapnap says, "okay," just to be agreeable, disregarding the unsettling feeling that simmers deep in his stomach.

george smiles widely, as if the ravenette's response made him genuinely happy, and he doesn't say anything more as he gets up out of the bed. he looks back, gesturing to the side table and saying, "i got you fresh water and painkillers," before turning to leave the room.

sapnap rolls over, looking at the tablets that sat there, and wonders when george had even left the bed to go get them. whenever it was, he feels warm on the inside at the thought that the brit came back, even if it was probably just because punz told him to.

speaking of punz, sapnap regrets letting the blond go.

he'd planned a stream with sylvee, and whilst he assured countless times that he didn't mind cancelling, sapnap had insisted. now, he knows punz would be sleeping, and even though it hurts, he is glad that the blond is finally able to get some proper rest.

sapnap takes the painkillers, swallowing them dry.

his gaze drops to the floor by his bed, and he becomes quickly aware of the missing bottles that had been there just hours beforehand. he hates the fact that, not just had george seen them, but he had had to deal with them. that must've been disgusting.