Chapter Twenty Four

"I've made a decision, Jed. A big one."
"Uh huh?"
"I'm going to keep my things in storage and travel. Work freelance if I get bored. But travel, take some time off and do whatever I feel like."
"Wow, that's huge. Sounds exciting! Where are you going first?"
"Nevada!"
"I- ok... Nevada?"
"Yup. Nevada."
"Why?"
"That's where my gut says to go first. My gut and my heart."
"Aaahhhh. I see. Have you told Jeremy of this exciting development?"
"Not yet, no. Tonight I think."
"You've made this decision in the last five minutes, haven't you. You know he's going tomorrow."
"Yes. And yes." She laughed and went to call him. They had just had lunch, and after a few days sorting her belongings out Kenzi had realised she could have freedom and Jeremy at the same time.
"Hello?" He sounded groggy.
"Were you asleep?"
"I might have had a little siesta, yes. What's up?"
"Ask me out again."
"What?"
"Ask me out for dinner again."
"Kenzi, I'm leaving tomorrow."
"Well have to go tonight, then."
"I'm not sure-"
"Jeremy, would you have dinner with me tonight?"
He sighed. "Yes, ok. Do you have somewhere in mind?"
"Nope." She heard him laugh.
"OK. I'll pick you up at 7?"
"I'll meet you at your house."
"OK. Anything else, boss?"
"I'll let you know."

"You don't think you're being a bit presumptuous, packing everything to go? What if he doesn't want you?" Kenzi shot him a look. "I just mean, what if tonight doesn't go as planned. Then you're stuck with everything in your car."
"Then I'll come back here, and everything will already be packed up," Kenzi smiled. She packed the last of her belongings she had brought to Jed's in to the car and closed the door. All that remained was her overnight bag for tonight and the clothes she was about to put on. At 6 o'clock she showered and got dressed in a flowing blue strapless dress and silver sandals, leaving her hair loose and curly. She went to Jed in the lounge room and made him stand up, pulling him in to a long tight hug. "Thank you so much Jed. For everything. You're an amazing friend and you've been so incredibly kind to me. Thank you."
"You're welcome lovely. It's so good to see you having fun, and making friends and smiling again. Come back and visit, ok? Are you going to do more films?"
"Hell yes. Especially for you!"
"I'll keep in touch then. Go get him. You two are beautiful together."
She drove to Jeremy's house and knocked on the door, he opened it wearing dark jeans and a green shirt and she pulled him straight in to a kiss.
"Whoa, ok." He said when she pulled away and they went inside. "What was that for?"
"Being you. Hot, sexy, gorgeous, kind, did I mention sexy, you."
"Have you been drinking?" He grinned.
"Not yet."
"OK, you can tell me what this is about over dinner. We're going to be late."

Jeremy took her to a seafood restaurant on the water. It was relaxed but beautiful, and they were seated in a private corner. Once they had ordered, Kenzi asked for a bottle of champagne.
"Are we celebrating something?" Jeremy asked warily when it arrived.
"Yes. My freedom. And I've decided what to do with it." She took a deep breath. "I'm leaving everything here behind. Some in storage, but there's not much left. I'm going to take some time off and travel. Wherever I feel like going, wherever my heart takes me. Maybe do some freelance work along the way."
Jeremy's face dropped and he quickly smiled at her, but she could tell it was forced. "Cheers to that then. I'm really happy for you, that sounds exciting. When are you leaving?"
"Tomorrow. I'm already packed up."
"Wow."
"You're not going to ask where I'm going?"
"OK, where are you going?"
"Wherever my heart takes me, Jeremy."
"Yeah you said-"
"My heart, is with you. I'm going with you. Wherever you go."
"Really? That's what you want?" She could see his face light up again and his eyes were sparkling.
"Yes. I want you. I might travel around a bit as well, but I'm going to Nevada with you tomorrow."
He reached across the table and took her hand in his, rubbing her knuckles. "I'm so happy, Kenzi. Oh my god. This is even better than I could have imagined. I can't wait." He beamed at her and only released her hand when their food arrived.

Back at Jeremy's house, he led her inside and straight to the bedroom. He could barely keep his hands off her during dinner and on the drive home, he couldn't wait any longer. She stood next to the bed and he kissed her deeply, exploring her mouth and tongue and leaving her panting while he unzipped and removed her dress and panties in one movement. She unbuttoned his shirt while he took in the sight in front of him. She was different to last time, firmer and more defined, and she wasn't at all shy. As she slid it off his shoulders she moved her mouth to his neck, kissing and tasting him while she removed his pants and pulled him back on top of her on the bed.
"God Kenzi the things I want to do to you," he said, slowly kissing down her neck to her breast.
"I'm yours, Jeremy. All yours." She said breathlessly as his tongue found her nipple and circled it slowly. He teased her for what felt like an eternity, always gentle touches and grazing over her most sensitive places, until she couldn't take any more. "Please, baby..."
All at once he took mercy on her, sliding two fingers inside her and teasing her nipple with his teeth. She moaned loudly and arched up to meet his fingers and mouth, reaching for his shaft and finding it fully erect. She gently ran her finger around the tip before taking it in her hand and firmly but slowly stroking down to the base, making him bite down on her and increase the depth of his fingers.
"I want you, Jeremy. Now," Kenzi said as she pulled his hips down toward her, guiding his shaft to her entrance as he removed his fingers. He slid his whole length inside her and she gasped, leaning up to kiss his mouth hungrily as he lay inside her. The feeling of fullness was almost all she needed, the incessant teasing had her almost at her peak. She ground her hips under him, begging for friction, and he sat up, lifting her hips on top of his thighs to get deeper before he started thrusting in and out slowly. Kenzi moaned and he could feel her tightening, he backed off a little and slowed further, making her whimper and wriggle. He smiled down at her.
"All in good time, gorgeous." He said devilishly. When her breathing slowed again he lifted under her arms so she was sitting astride him, keeping hold of her hips so she couldn't move too much, wanting to prolong this as long as he could. She bent to kiss his neck, running her tongue down over his collarbone and nibbling gently on his chest. She sucked a nipple in to her mouth and bit it gently as she moved her hips and he moved his hands so that she could set the pace. She didn't quicken too much but she took in his whole length with every stroke, pushing him almost instantly to the edge, and as soon as she picked up a little speed she began to convulse around him, kissing him hard as she reached her climax and her muscles spasmed around him, making him spill his seed inside her with a groan. They collapsed back on to the bed, hearts pounding and breathing rapidly. Kenzi lay her head on Jeremy's chest and closed her eyes, listening to his heart beat as it slowed beneath her, mirroring her own. He stroked her back gently and kissed the top of her head, and she realised for the first time in a long time she felt safe, like she was home.
As she started to drift off to sleep, Jeremy tilted her chin up so her eyes met his. "I love you, Kenzi." He said softly, kissing her lips.